help craving cookie dough

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
Ever once in a while i want to eat cookie dough. Any ideas what to do when this happens

Replies

• kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    Drink a glass of water!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself how unhealthy and fattening it is and then have a piece of fruit. Easier said than done, but it can be done! :wink:
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    There's a Pure Protein bar called chocolate chip cookie dough. It's actually really good. Has little chocolate chips in it and covered in chocolate. I doubt it's real chocolate, but it fakes me out enough.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Depends on your cookie dough preference, if its chocolate chip (like mine) a glass of water and a few semi-sweet chocolate chips does the trick! Otherwise get those pre-cut cookie dough rounds and eat one and freeze the rest! You cant eat those frozen thats for sure!
  • tammyhale98273
    Options
    Smart one weight watchers has a cookie dough sunday and it's only like 250 calories. Great way to curb cravings and makes you feel like your cheating at the same time! They are very yummy!!!
  • 2ndHalf
    2ndHalf Posts: 15
    Options
    Its the sugar. Sugar is addictive the less you eat, the less you want.
  • JessyJepson
    Options
    I agree with this! I've been drinking water & a handful of almonds. Hope that helps?
  • JessyJepson
    Options
    Another good one--as long as you're working out--there's a bar that's my favorite! its the Detour--Lean Muscle, Cookie dough caramel crisp. That also helps with my cookie dough cravings :) I would check out strongernutrition.com they have really good prices on their protein bars, compared to GNC anyway :)
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I would eat a chocolate rice cake then go get my nails done lol....you can't eat anything when your getting your nails done :)
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    There are Quaker Chewy Granola bars in Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor that are 90 calories.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I think the problem is also I've been really stressed out. Had 2 family members die. One with cancer and other in a bad car accident. . So lots of stress.
  • kimberlyanneturner
    Options
    I notice that when I have sugar free desserts like skinny cow or weight watcher desserts it can give me a headache. If I were you. I would find natural alternitves. Things that are sweetned naturally. I found a bakery that caters to diabetics. The treats are sweetened using Stevia and Truvia. Stay away from Splenda and other artifiacial sweetners. I don't eat Weight watcher desserts anymore. I like the idea of nuts some fruit, I also love those Yogi teas, those are a really nice alternitive to something sweet. Just start being a label reader. Oh I do like those Fiber 1 Brownies 90 cal. they do not have sugar no artificial sweetners.
  • kimberlyanneturner
    Options
    PS .. Rice cake and Peanut butter and jam is fabulous!! .. I Love Adams peanut butter but that is just me, or Almond butter is good, I bet Nutella would be good too.
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    I usually eat a chocolate chip high fiber bar. its only 130 calories with 9 grams of fiber
  • Melissaol
    Options
    So i ate i piece of dough. I feel so bad. Im going to have to work out really hard
  • katria99
    katria99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't feel bad. As long as you commit to your work out routine and eat healthy on a regular basis, one piece of cookie dough isn't the end of the world.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Just log it and move on! I was going to say, I'd just find a way for it to fit into my calorie goals and eat it. Some things just aren't as good when you use a substitute.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just have it!!!

What's the big deal?

your not going to gain weight because you just had a small serving!!!
  • jalence
    jalence Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try brushing your teeth. :-) I have found the toothpaste flavor totally kills my appetite, especially for sweets.