Searching for friends

Options
I've done MFP for a little while on my own but would love some extra support and motivation. I have 3 kids 15,7 and 18 months. And this last baby has been the weightloss struggle. I'm also almost 34 so I'm sure that helps the struggle. lol I stay home so I have a pantry near me for downfall. Although I make mostly good choices I have had trouble with sweets and portion control.

Any takers???

Replies

• stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...we sound like we are in the same club! lol

I have two boys, 7 and 5. One is in school all day, the other I am driving to preschool three days out of the week. I do medical transcription from home, so I'm sitting on my butt all day! I also sell jewelry on the side to get out of the house and talk to adults once in a while! lol

I'm a huge emotional eater and having the cupboards just in the next room is a killer! I am trying SO hard to do portion control yet still not cut out my fave foods or I'll go back to emotional eating! It's so hard! The support on here has been great though...feel free to friend me if you wish!

BTW, I am finally trying to take off my baby weight....but remember I said my youngest is 5! Better late than never, huh?! :)
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    Feel free to add me :happy:
  • SUSANB37
    SUSANB37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old the baby has to be before we can stop saying it's just "baby weight", but my baby is 11 and I still blame her:laugh:
  • Sweetlvr
    Sweetlvr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Mbgame~~Sweets are my downfall too! I have read that if you eat garlic, chives, and leeks that it can help diminish your sweet cravings. I thought I would make a homemade soup, incorporating these items. Good luck to you.
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    lol now thats funny and yes so many of us blame being overweight on our children
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, yes! Happy to add friends. My kids are 15, almost 13 (this Sunday) and 11. How in the world you are coping with that big of a spread -- good grief, you need some support, mama!:smile:
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    You can add if you would like. Good luck.
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    One of my biggest struggles of being a stay at home Mom is the kitchen being so available and boredom eating! I try to keep the "junk" food in the house to a minimum so I can't get myself into too much trouble.
  • mbgame
    mbgame Posts: 14
    Options
    That's exactly why! Boredom I have been doing well here lately but last night I did have a bowl of cereal after my dinner :embarassed:
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Same here. Feel free to add me too. :)
  • Refisblind
    Refisblind Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I had baby weight after my son was born but my wife doesn't want to hear it. Stay consistant in your diet and it will melt off. Don't worry if one day you mess up. Just don't mess up everyday. Good luck
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ahh we should start a baby weight story of the month club! lol sooo many of us struggling with it! I gained almost 100 pounds with my first child lost all of it and then sum gained it all back and then sum UGGGG.. I work form home also and also had a problem with emo/boredom eating of way to many sweets!! I am soo greatful for the support here it makes getting away from old habit easier when you have a crowd cheeering you on!! Go head and feel free to invite me, same goes for the othr posters on this message board! Lets see what we can do together!
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    my baby is 2 now and I'm still carrying around an extra 15 pounds from that. Plus I was huge to begin with, so I have much more weight to go. I'd love to not look pregnant anymore (2 years later!!). At least before the pregnancy I was large but had a waist. Bye bye waist, hello sweetest little girl ever. You can add me if you would like.