Workout Music

Options
Man o man this is such an important aspect to my workout routine, sometimes when i'm lying in bed not wanting to do anything I pop open a song and it's time to hustle. I'd like to know what's in your playlist and what genre tends to motivate you through hard times.

Let me start by saying old 80s songs from Foreigner, Journey,etc.. gets my gears rolling, but its not just limited to that. I really dig trance/house music because they're up beat and resonate through the body. Anything from the Rocky 1-6 music playlist will do as well, probably the ultimate pump up. So, let me share some of my songs and hopefully this will catch on.

David Guetta w/Afrojack- "Louder than words"
Darude- "Feel the Beat"
Swedish House Mafia- "One" featuring Pharell
heh, Marky Marky and the Funky Bunch- "Good Vibrations"
The Shapeshifters- "Lola's Theme"

Here are some to name a few, I'll probably tack on some more, but yeah, enjoy!

Replies

• paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i use Motiontraxx i love it !! the music is awesome and they give u routines too :wink:

www.motiontraxx.com
  • Fiedems
    Fiedems Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like a blend of music. I took out my ipod and just listed the first 5 that came up on shuffle.

Welcome to the Jungle Guns and Roses
    Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) Big & Rich
    The Devil Went Down to Georgia Charlie Daniels
    Girlfriend Avril Lavigne
    Highway to Hell Quiet Riot
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is my workout playlist right now. A bit of of older rap/hip-hop mixed with some new.

Shawty Get Loose -- Lil Mama
    Right Round --Flo Rida
    Respirator --
    Club Can`t Handle Me Now --
    Party Animal -- Akon
    Air Force Ones -- Nelly
    Dangerous -- Akon ft. Kardinal Offishall
    Body Bounce -- Kardinal Offishall
    Kiss Kiss -- Chris Brown ft. T-Pain
    C`mon -- Tiesto ft. Busta Rhymes
    Tambourine -- Eve ft. Swizz Beatz
    Bon Bon -- Pitbull
    Unless We F***in -- Akon ft. Clinton Sparks
    Where the Hood At -- DMX
    Party Up -- DMX
    Sandstorm -- Darude lol
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I have my exercise bike at home in front of my desktop PC so I can watch netflix or listen to project playlist (free to set up lists for online listening but can't download) http://www.playlist.com/FP3MsKitty to see what I listen to....

I am always looking for new tunes to make me feel like moving! I appreciate all of the suggestions. Might have to set up a new playlist soon :)
  • rockstar714
    Options
    I have a lot of: LMFAO, Britney Spears, Miri Ben Ari, Pink, Panic At the Disco, Zebrahead and Christa Aguillera. I have a lot of remixes too...
  • vegetables22
    Options
    Whoa, today must be workout song day! I just read an article on lifehacker about a site called jog.fm (http://jog.fm) which gives you workout music: http://lifehacker.com/5795664/jogfm-suggests-the-best-music-for-your-workout-based-on-your-performance

I usually go with a mix of hip hop and up-beat rock (like the Fratellis). My go-to songs are Drake - Forever (it matches my pace EXACTLY) and Eminem - No Love.
  • krussel9
    krussel9 Posts: 6
    Options
    MY CARDIO PLAYLIST
    My playlist is definitely all over the place (techno, rock, pop, etc.)...but def gets me pumped up when I'm doing cardio, especially when I need a little boost to hit that 2nd wind.

Bad Boy Bill--stomping to my beats
    Rob Zombie--superbeast
    Benni Benassi--delirium...*love this one when I'm using the elliptical!, satisfaction
    Rage Against the Machine--bulls on parade, killing in the name of
    ZZ Top--black betty
    Justin Timberlake--sexy back (yup!)
    Eminem--pretty much everything. recent favorites are "on fire" and "won't back down" ft, pink
    Katy Perry--firework
    Rihanna--please don't stop the music, only girl in the world
    System of a Down--chop suey, forest
    Linkin Park--pretty much everything
    Dj Tiesto--he's a pirate, lethal industry, love comes again
    Chris Brown--forever, 3x yeah

Any recommendations for hip hop?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    The newest song I added to my workout playlist is Lykke Li (artist) - Get Some (song). When I first heard the song I thought she was a hip-hop artist, turns out she's a Norwegian folk singer?? LOL..still it is a fun song with a cool cool beat.

Oh look Youtube has a remix by Beck! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLvAbIxhx30
  • DeathEmpr
    DeathEmpr Posts: 17
    Options
    John Caferty- " Hearts on Fire"
    Axwell & Dirty South Remix- Sweet Disposition (Temper Trap)
    Kanye West (Mizzo and Pizzi Remix)-Love Lockdown
    Vince Dicola- "Training Montage"