newbie - love the site

Options
Greetings all! Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am just elarning the site, but it is a great way to keep yourself on track. I am in reasonably good shapre, but want to lose about 12-15 lbs and get my body (back, joints, etc ) healthier. Question - do you all plug in your own "diets" or does they have any sample plans for us? Thanks.

Schmitty

Replies

• absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I enter in what I eat each day. Sometimes I plan it out, other times I don't. What you will find with this site is that it is a great place to log in daily activities and food. By doing so you'll learn what works for your body and what doesn't. Over time you'll find the right balance that keeps you feeling energized and healthy. I refer to several fitness magazines for health advice. Welcome to MFP and have fun!
  • rachellepilcher
    Options
    MFP does not have any diet plans but you can check out the forums for ideas. I started by just logging what I was currently eating to see how I was doing and it wasnt as bad as I had anticipated.
  • Sunbeam224
    Sunbeam224 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just record my own meals and for the most part 95% of the foods are already in the data base. There may be meal suggestion in the message boards.
  • schmitty8
    Options
    thanks all. Sunbeam - yes, I was amazed to type in thing's like Barbara's cereal and they are all there and I ate at Moes Southwestern Grill today and it had everything on the menu, it even has jason's deli - salad bar buffet with the proper nutritional estimates.