In desperate need of motivation :(

Options
I've fallen drastically off the wagon and feeling really down on myself at the moment. I managed to lose18lbs, but now I've gained around 6lbs back in the past month or so - this is basically down to me losing the 'buzz' I had before and going back to old habits. Eating what I want, which is too much of all the wrong stuff ie. Fatty, sugary, salty things that have no good nutrional value.

It's seriously getting me down! I was doing well but now I'm struggling to get back into the habit of eating healthy and exercising. The only exercise I get is walking back and forth to school (which is a total of a mere mile a day). Argh! I'm so desperate to get that buzz I had before, the excited and happy feeling I had from knowing I was doing something good for my body. My mini goal at the moment is to get to below 182lbs, and before I slipped up I was literally 1lb away from this goal! Now I'm 7lbs away from it.. :( I'm slipping further and further away from my main goal, and all that self-loathing is coming back. I don't want to end up back at square one, so I know I need to catch it now.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement for me? I could really use some at the moment.

Replies

• Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    Give motivation to others on the site. Encourage people. Become the motivation that you need!
  • DeannaOnline
    DeannaOnline Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Let me friends here, I need motivation too!! I fell off the wagon too - hell I JUMPED off the darn thing!! And I need to get back on double quick!
  • KaterinaJahn
    Options
    I know it's hard! Trust me, I want to eat processed junk food allll the time! And sometimes I slip up and I do, we all do. It's just a matter of knowing what you want. When you are craving something bad just think in your head if you would rather have that or be healthy. Would you rather be happy and satisfied in that one moment or be a million times happier and healthy in the long run? Hope I could help a little bit! Good luck :)
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that the only exercise you can get is your walk to school and back? Could you get a dvd workout that might help motivate you? I love my TurboFire workouts....so it keeps me motivated everyday to try to eat within my calorie goals and to also be sure and get the right nutrition so that I can feel better when I do my workout. Maybe adding something new to your routine will help you out?
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    You've lost 12 pounds still....be proud of that!!! Get back to business and imagine where you will be 6 weeks from now. Remember, this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix diet. The friends you make on here will continue to support you through your journey, but you have to make the effort to get things going. Best of luck on your journey :smile:
  • ad0nna
    ad0nna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It feels awful right now but its really just a speed bump! You can do it! I've had trouble the last couple of days myself but I'm changing that right now! You can too! Just remind yourslef how good you feel when you do this for YOU!
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    You have two choices when you fall off the wagon - get back on or go the other direction. What's your choice?
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i was in the exact same boat. i asked a friend to help me out. so she created a strict meal plan for me to follow that helped her lose weight. she's lost 30lbs in 6 weeks. i'm on day 2 and it's a breeze! i thought it would be harder but its not. i have a broken foot so i can't exercise so i'm focusing on my eating right now. once i get my cast off and am cleared to work out then the pounds will fall off! you can do this. if you want my meal plan, message me and i'll email it to you. good luck!
  • zeuslalala
    zeuslalala Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been logging on for a little over two months straight. I make it a ritual not because I enjoy it, but rather because it's the only way I can accomplish my goal and be happy. I have to log in. Before meals I will look at the web site to see how many more calories I have for the day and account properly. In addition, I read a couple of great books by Dr. Peter D' Adamo who focuses on eating right for your blood type. With this new knowledge, I have found that I can eat more(which I like), eat right, and actually burn calories more efficiently as well. I think the biggest help I have received along my way was the information I found in the book Eat Right for Your Type. Hang in there and you can do it! Take it two meals at a time and plan out your day so you can look forward to accomplishing your goals each day.
  • justine_c25
    Options
    I have also fallen off the wagon, but managed to get my butt into gear today and started exercising again. You know what works for me? I was sitting on my couch today, wolfing down some tortilla chips and that salsa con queso dip... after eating MOST of the bag and half of the jar of that damn dip, I sat there and thought to myself, what on earth am I doing? I've literally thrown away months of working out and trying my best to eat healthy in less than a month. Not the most ideal way to find the motivation, but realizing that I can do better and gradually replace old eating habits with new ones, and also realizing that it's not healthy for me to be eating crap all the time really is my motivation right now. I have always found comfort in eating, but that's just not healthy...

You can do this!! I don't know if this has been much help, but sometimes all it takes for me is to stop and really think about what I'm doing as most of the time I'm just eating to pass the time. If you'd like, you can also friend me and maybe we can be support to each other! I'm looking for more support as well and would certainly return the favour :-)