20kg down (44lbs)

Options
I wen't to visit the doctor last year in July and that made me aware of my actual weight. It was an astounding 100kg (220lbs). He also told me I was 183cm long and 24 years old (no surprise there tough). 100kg was some kind of psychological limit for me. I realized I was fat. I decided I had to do something about it.

I went into super hardcore fitness mode and started running 3 times a week and going to the gym 2-3 times a week. I also started eating healthy with a calorie deficit of approx. 500kcal a day. I had no problems with going to the gym but knowing what I know now, after reading a lot about fitness and weightlifting, I could have done it better. In the beginning I was doing all sorts of exercises and reps. No structure what so ever. I would have been better of starting with strong lifts 5x5 from day one.

I'm not gonna lie, the jogging was a pain in the *kitten* the first weeks. Hell I couldn't even run 5km (3.1m) miles when I started. But it got better and when October came I was down at 80kg (176lbs).

Replies

• kbryanmc
    kbryanmc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • wictory
    wictory Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you :). I regret spending so much time trying to avoid being photographed due to feeling fat and ugly. Would be nice to have some before after pics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!