What in the world

Options
Are INSANITY workouts??

Replies

• heatherw1977
    Options
    A 9 week intense cardio workout program from Beachbody.
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A 9 week intense cardio workout program from Beachbody.
    Does it have good results?
  • rachel_can
    rachel_can Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Insanity workouts are what the name says..insanity. That being said, they WORK. They are hard, hard, hard, but if you can stick with them, they will whip you into shape! Not for the novice exerciser though or anyone with heart problems. Shaun T of HipHop Abs is the guy who hosts them, and they are produced by Beach Body - same company that did P90X.
    They are high intensity intervals so you work at a max for 2 mins then get a 30 second rest. There are 9 weeks of workouts and they get progressively more challenging each week. They are full body workouts using body weight - no equipment, but they are really tough. I did 2 out of 9 weeks but the amount of plyometrics started to aggravate my ankles and knees so I had to stop for a bit. Sometimes they can be intimidating but if you push through each exercise you'll feel great after.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I did my first Insanity workout today and it nearly killed me... and that was just the Dig Deeper Fit Test! What have I got myself in to!:angry:

I have heard it gives really good results though!
  • heatherw1977
    Options
    In 5 days I will have completed the program twice. I have muscles I didnt think I would ever see and my calves are awesome. It is by no means a body building workout, I'm not huge, just toned. I would say it is more of a toning workout then a weightloss workout. I have a love/hate relationship with the program, I hate to love it, lol...But it is very addicting, the best part, you need no weights or gym equipment!