Insanity workouts~

Options
Has anyone ever done 2 Insanity workouts in one day? Would that be to much??

Replies

• maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on a few things. If your doing one from a recovery week, or going really easy on some of them, I cant see it being an issue as long as you feel capable of it..
  • disneybabe20
    Options
    I am in month 2 of Insanity and tried to do the Max Plyo and then the Core Cardio and Balance DVD's in a row last night. I barely made it through 10 minutes of CC&B. I wouldn't recommend it. I felt very sick and unable to catch my breath once I stopped. It depends on what you can handle. Month 2 burns 600-900 calories each workout anyway depending on how hard you work and how many breaks you take. One video should be enough. Good Luck!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    How long have you been doing Insanity? Are you planning on doing them back to back, or one morn and one evening? I have doubled up before, but didn't do it till I was in my second month. I didn't do them back to back though.
  • heatherw1977
    Options
    This is my 2nd time doing the program. I will be done with my 60 days in 5 days. I want to start it again (it's kinda addicting) and was thinking of doing maybe one dvd from month 2 in the morning and one dvd from month one in the evening. I think I can, just wasnt sure if it would be to much on my body, I also find it hard to keep up with my calories that I need to eat in a day.
  • clhiter
    clhiter Posts: 74
    Options
    okay i am little new to this. is insanity a program or just a hard workout?
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    If your going to double up you will probably want to up your cals some. I preferred the month one workouts, so I added those in the evening and the first few days my body was kind of in shock, but after that I loved it.
  • tishamarieann
    Options
    I think its way to much, u cant eat enough in a day to keep up with what you would burn with two insanity wrkouts, and i think thats alot on the joints, ive done one round..over doing things will catch up with the body...
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

It's a workout program.

I agree, you would need to increase your calories. Normally when I do Insanity I like to pair it up with jogging later in the day. That's just my preference, I don't want to hear Shaun yelling at me twice in the same day.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Insanity is a 9-week workout program from Beach Body.
  • rachel_can
    rachel_can Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've done a Recovery workout paired with another Insanity workout back-to-back and found it ok. I would not try to do two hardcore cardio workouts back to back though.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Just my humble opinion, but I'm thinking that would be a lot. Not that you couldn't physically do it. But that your body might not appreciate it i've done a month 2 workout and then went for a short run later in the day. But a lot of the moves are duplicated in the DVDs and the same muscles concentrated on. You might overwork some key muscles. Just a thought.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I would recommend it. It's so intense....I don't know that I'd attempt it personally. I guess I like to be able to put my all into my workouts and doing 2 would be setting myself up to fail. KWIM????

Are you doing Asylum next???
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ive done it in phase one.. recovery with a workout and i also did 2 full ones back to back!!! it was tough but i enjoyed it!!

today I did phase 2 cardio conditioning, then insane abs right after.. then i jogged with my dogs immediately after that!!!

If you have the energy GO FOR IT!!!! you'll feel great after!!.. although by the end of the second.. you'll be slowing up!! LOL!!

Laura x
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am in month 2 of Insanity and tried to do the Max Plyo and then the Core Cardio and Balance DVD's in a row last night. I barely made it through 10 minutes of CC&B. I wouldn't recommend it. I felt very sick and unable to catch my breath once I stopped. It depends on what you can handle. Month 2 burns 600-900 calories each workout anyway depending on how hard you work and how many breaks you take. One video should be enough. Good Luck!

I only burn 500 max on any phase 2 workout.. that one is the 60 min max interval.. on the 48 min cardio conditioning today i only burned 350... ;-( .. my hr returns immediately to 100 once i stop, even for water.. dissadvantage of having a good resting heart rate i guess..
  • vick1997
    vick1997 Posts: 1
    Options
    During the final 2 weeks of the second month of Insanity, I did 2 workouts for everyday. I do a workout in the morning and another workout in the afternoon or at night. Sometimes, i did 3 if you count the ab workout. But, the reason i can do this is because I am on summer vacation and i have the amount of time to do so. 3 days a week though, instead of doing 2 of the phase 2 workouts I just added on the upper body weightlifting Insanity workout in the morning, and then proceed with the workout scheduled for that day in the afternoon. It just depends on how much time you have, what you eat, and what your body can handle. Good Luck!
  • 1nursemom
    Options
    I do insanity + hip hop ABS and have found that to be something that works.