Day 1 of 30 Day Shred

Options
Soo I started the 30 Day Shred today with my mom and sister. I was soo excited to start it! It was definitely an excellent workout but I didn't feel it as much as I thought I would... however that may change tomorrow! :)

Also, we only used soup cans (i know, go ahead and laugh! but the only weights we have at home are in my dad's gym in the basement (he is a former Mr. Ontario... so his weights aren't exactly realistic for us lol!!) and we didn't have time to go out and buy any- so we improvised! We will be getting 3lb weights in the next few days though for a better workout experience!

How has everyone else done with this workout? I have heard some great stories and seen some amazing photographs!!

I am currently 5'6 and 128lbs, hoping to get down to 125 buuut realistically just hoping for some toning and if that includes some weight gain from muscle thats fine with me! I am not new to exercising, I used to run every day but school this past year has been stressful. Anyone else out there with similar stats who has done the 30DS and can tell me what kind of results to expect from it? (I will probably also do at least 20 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week while also doing the shred everyday).

Thanks all! Looking forward to results and also hearing back from those of you who have done or are currently doing it! :)

- Taryn

Replies

• manettaMikey
    manettaMikey Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    you'll get there. You sound dedicated just keep pushing, watch what you eat and show up for workouts committed. The definition will come :)
  • mignalg
    mignalg Posts: 30
    Options
    I have done the Shred and her new Ripped in 30, I loved it because it truly did tone me up and give me the definition I needed. I have a bunch of weight I want to lose so I do INSANITY as well, but I use her stuff too because of the weights she uses. I used 5 lbs weights, because I didn't really feel much after doing the workouts with 3 lbs, but like she says throughout her videos any weight adds resistance and will give results...even soup cans, LOL. Good creativity, LOL
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have done the Shred and her new Ripped in 30, I loved it because it truly did tone me up and give me the definition I needed. I have a bunch of weight I want to lose so I do INSANITY as well, but I use her stuff too because of the weights she uses. I used 5 lbs weights, because I didn't really feel much after doing the workouts with 3 lbs, but like she says throughout her videos any weight adds resistance and will give results...even soup cans, LOL. Good creativity, LOL

Haha thanks lol, creative yes! I've wanted to try Insanity but I think I want to get back into the workout regimen again before I go that intense! How is it?? I've heard great things about that as well!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I used juice bottles instead of weights hehe. I might try soup cans this time!! :P
  • Shelly081
    Shelly081 Posts: 15
    Options
    OMG, how funny is that :laugh: . I just started the 30 day shred and didn't have weighs either, so I used campbells chucky soup cans. As for the shred....giive it a day or 2. I'm on my 3rd day, and I can barely sit. My legs, and arms are so sore. Good Luck to you!
  • marchegt
    Options
    OMG, how funny is that :laugh: . I just started the 30 day shred and didn't have weighs either, so I used campbells chucky soup cans. As for the shred....giive it a day or 2. I'm on my 3rd day, and I can barely sit. My legs, and arms are so sore. Good Luck to you!

YES Campbell's Chunky all the way!! Haha that's what I used, too! Awesome, thanks for the info I will keep at it, I can't wait to be sore!! That is one of my favourite feelings!
  • BPinderhughes
    Options
    Yesterday, the 25 of April was my first day. I'm so excited to continue it!!! Sore, but know it's working
  • marchegt
    Options
    Yesterday, the 25 of April was my first day. I'm so excited to continue it!!! Sore, but know it's working

Awesome!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can keep each other updated and motivated since we are at the same stage!! Good luck!!!! :)
  • tvaye10
    tvaye10 Posts: 19
    Options
    Today was my 15th day and I can already see changes in my body. I also thought level 1 was pretty easy, but level 2 is so much harder for me. I really like it though and love to push myself. Good luck! :happy:
  • karen415
    karen415 Posts: 55
    Options
    I started today at 7:30 AM as well and wasn't sore intil now it is 6:30 PM, but did alot inbetween since it gave me so much engergy i did however use 5 lb weights and was thinking I should use something a little lighter cause at the end I was wishing I had 2 lb s lol.
    Good luck feel freee to keep me posted!!!

Karen
  • marchegt
    Options
    I started today at 7:30 AM as well and wasn't sore intil now it is 6:30 PM, but did alot inbetween since it gave me so much engergy i did however use 5 lb weights and was thinking I should use something a little lighter cause at the end I was wishing I had 2 lb s lol.
    Good luck feel freee to keep me posted!!!

Karen

Awesome!!! Yah I was thinking 2 or 3lb weights would be good to start with! Some of the exercises I felt like I could do a million of and some I was struggling with with my little soup cans haha! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!
  • imxawesome
    Options
    I just finished Day 5 of Level 1.

I'm using 2lb weights because it was either those or 5lb ones and I knew those would be far too hard.

I was crazy sore the first 3 days but yesterday wasn't too bad and since my legs were feeling much better I was able to push myself a lot harder in the leg area of the shred. It was pretty nice.

The first circuit though is totally what gets me though! That's where I find I'm taking most of my breaks.

Anyone feel free to add me :) Always up for having people to talk to/motivate/get motivation from :)