Credit Where It's Due

Options
SaraTonin
SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
Do you give yourself credit where it's due?

Are you being too hard on yourself?

Because I see a ton of wonderful, beautiful people on this website who are constantly down on themselves. They went over on calories one day, they skipped the gym another day, and they had ice cream last night for dessert. They gained a pound from last week.

Failure.

Know what I see?

I see someone who has
- started eating breakfast who never did before
- works out 100% more often than they did before MFP
- eats consciously and pays attention to portions
- treats themselves every once in a while for a job well done
- gets that extra hour of sleep to feel better the next day
- takes vitamins to get proper nutrition
- has been watching that sodium to try to bring it down

These are all GREAT victories!!

Are you giving yourself enough credit? Because you are doing GREAT! Look at yourself and how far you have come from when you started!

All those little habits really, truly count. You're making small lifestyle changes, and so you should recognize ALL of your habitual victories!

What good habits have you picked up since starting MFP?

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!! Thank you so much for posting!!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Sweet.

I agree. I can never understand self loathing. It's so pointless.

Everyone who is here who has weight to lose has made the first huge step in the right direction. And failure suggests an end point. You haven't failed until you are dead.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Great Post
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    On a day that my back is killing me (no, not due to exercise, just a bad back) - and I am worried about being able to exercise today and feeling super low that I might not be able to...this really helped. Ok, I may miss a day, but you're right...I've started to make some lifestyle changes that are working and I am winning this battle, one small victory at a time :) Thanks for this!
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    Thank you for this ;)
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!! Thanks for the reminder that we really are improving our lives!
  • 726kdbailey
    726kdbailey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nice Very Nice!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping great track of what I eat. Logging it is such an eye opener. And a great deterrent! If I am in the mood to munch and I am just plain being lazy about logging it, then I won't eat it. lol

I have learned so much here, and have met some really wonderful people that keep me going!
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! What changes have I made since starting MFP? I do eat breakfast...almost everyday and I did not before. I get much more exercise then I did before...I am eating healthier and watching portions and trying to limit sodium (not eating as much processed foods and more self prepared)...I am going out to eat less, but when I do, I am making as healthy choices as I can...I am trying new things that I thought that I never liked (such as broccoli and cucumbers! GASP!),..I have been bringing my own lunch to work...so you are right...I have made some major lifestyle changes and so even though I may gain a pound or two at times or I "treat" myself, I am not going to beat myself up over it! I am going to continue to celebrate the successes! Thanks again!
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    ^ Those are all wonderful victories!!!

I just wanted to remind everyone that this is a journey. Don't be too hard on yourself for an off day, just get back on the saddle and ride!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Great post!! It's a nice reminder.

Have a great day.
  • harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thank you! i so needed to hear this today. ive been so busy at work that i havent had free time to workout regularly. and so ive been down. daily we make this work!
  • Shananigans1
    Options
    So true!! You can't beat yourself up for not sticking to a rigorous plan. Practice to strive for permanent, not perfect!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! Thank you!
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    Practice to strive for permanent, not perfect!!
    Absolutely!!! It's so easy to lose perspective when your focus is off. Fabulous attitude!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Best post ever :)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reminders!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    GREAT post! Thanks! ♥
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!