milk question

Options
hi MFPs :flowerforyou:

i recently heared that protein intake can boost our metabolic rate

so i started taking a cup of milk in bf

and today i saw it has 267 cals... what a turn off

how can a small tiny cup contain so many cals.. these r user submitted cal info so im not

sure if thts right.. plz help..shd i keep dirinking it.. its a lot of cals in 4 sips man
:brokenheart:

Replies

• Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    hi MFPs :flowerforyou:

i recently heared that protein intake can boost our metabolic rate

so i started taking a cup of milk in bf

and today i saw it has 267 cals... what a turn off

how can a small tiny cup contain so many cals.. these r user submitted cal info so im not

sure if thts right.. plz help..shd i keep dirinking it.. its a lot of cals in 4 sips man
    :brokenheart:
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Check the carton and compare the calories.
    If you use 2% or less, it should be fewer calories than whole milk.
    Milk is a great food - just realize that most dairy products have choloesterol in them, so if you are worrying about cholestorol, go easy on dairy.
    There is also a fat-free, lactose-free milk that is lower on both calories and cholesterol. It's what I use.
  • Aliseb
    Aliseb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like soy milk - it's quite good these days. It has about the same protein as milk w/o the cholesterol. Alas, it's higher in cals than 2% milk.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like soy milk - it's quite good these days. It has about the same protein as milk w/o the cholesterol. Alas, it's higher in cals than 2% milk.

I was on soy for my pre-men by doctor's suggestions until I discovered that it can cause weight gain.
  • Aliseb
    Aliseb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    B/c of the pre-men, or in general? Milk or soy milk, I try not to overdo it anyhow.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I love soy milk. The Silk LIGHT has less calories than 2% milk.:bigsmile:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I only drink skim milk, and the calories aren't bad at all! I would say try to lower the % to help you with the calories.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    B/c of the pre-men, or in general? Milk or soy milk, I try not to overdo it anyhow.

Soy in general.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Soy in general.

DOH! And I have just been craving edamame in a BIG way! Sigh.