Carbs

Options
What are some healthy carbs I can be eating during the day? Whenever I think carbs I think weight gain.

Replies

• xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    I snack on grilled asparagus or cranberries with fat free Greek yogurt
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    You need to re-program your thinking. Carbs are necessary. I eat roasted almonds and/or fruit for mid-day snacks. Just concentrate on your calories. Carbs will take care of themselves.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not necessary. They are not an essential part of the diet. Essential amino acids, essential fats. These are essential. Could I live for a long time on no carbs yes. Would I be very healthy, not sure. But essentially, they are not essential.

To the OP, carbs, and the glucose it provides, are the easiest forms of energy you can provide to your body. Certain carbs include fibers, and other essential vitamins such as A, all the B vitamins, C, E, and K. So are they necessary and essential? No. But are the vitamins that are in them essential? Yes. So, are they VERY useful? Yes.

Healthy sources of carbs are nearly any fruit or vegetable. From the bakery, choose high fiber or whole grain breads to maximize your vitamin load. So no need to reprogram. Hehe
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Carbs are not necessary. They are not an essential part of the diet. Essential amino acids, essential fats. These are essential. Could I live for a long time on no carbs yes. Would I be very healthy, not sure. But essentially, they are not essential.

To the OP, carbs, and the glucose it provides, are the easiest forms of energy you can provide to your body. Certain carbs include fibers, and other essential vitamins such as A, all the B vitamins, C, E, and K. So are they necessary and essential? No. But are the vitamins that are in them essential? Yes. So, are they VERY useful? Yes.

Healthy sources of carbs are nearly any fruit or vegetable. From the bakery, choose high fiber or whole grain breads to maximize your vitamin load. So no need to reprogram. Hehe

Gee, so I used the wrong wording. I didn't realize how many experts we have on here.:ohwell:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have sticking to oatmeal, ezekiel bread, a thin bun that has whole grains and no fructose corn syrup, quinoa and whole grain rice. I have been avoiding pasta, white or regular whole wheat bread, crackers (except an organic gluten free one i found at costco) and other types of buns/bagels.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Gee, so I used the wrong wording. I didn't realize how many experts we have on here.:ohwell:

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.