Yo

Options
Just got the mobile app for my smartphone yesterday (love it, can e en scan bar codes and it updates everything for you) . Im 26 and i need to loose about 100 lbs.

Once upon a time i weighed 210 lbs. Then i discovered my nemisis. Beer. With beer came beer munchies. Now here i am at 318. BTW, im 6'7" so im a big dude anyway.

I recently had some blood work done and found out that my glucose levels were high. 2 points into the pre-diabetic range to be exact. So i've all but stopped drinking, and began counting calories and using a treadmill for half an hour a day. I dont want to give up beer. I will surely miss it. We've had some good times Beer and I... But i'd rather not end up diabetic either.

About excercising, i do have some questions...
I read last night that if you exercise, then you need to eat the calories you burned. So today, for example, if i go burn 450 calories in a half hour (3.5mph 6.5% incline) that would put my calorie to go count back up near a thousand. Do i really need to try and eat a thousand calories between now and the next 4 hours before i go to bed? A little help here.

I used to work out every day, but the friends i did so with are no longer in my life. So friend me and lets do this!

Replies

• alishathiel
    Options
    I'm wondering the same regarding the exercise points. My logic is that the more deficit I have the more calories I've burned counting toward my weekly calories needed to burn 3500= 1lb. Shouldn't it just count toward total I need to keep burning away the lbs? From a few posts I've read it seems that the more fat you have on your body the less likely you are to go into starvation mode so it's ok to not eat your exercise calories if you are very overweight. I've lost a great amount so far in the 3 weeks since I've started but have a gone a week since losing my last lb. I'm hitting that first plateau it seems.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Pike?
  • lucasdeclerck
    Options
    Yeah