P90X Classic vs Lean

Options
lklein
lklein Posts: 215 Member
I'll be starting P90X next week, and I was hoping to get some feed back on the different workout schedules (Classic, Double & Lean). Right now I think I'm going to do my first round using the Lean works out schedule and then the classic for my second round. Let me know if you have used either of these schedules and what you thought of them. Thanks!

Replies

• ascrof
    ascrof Posts: 34
    Options
    i'm starting the lean next week, just waiting to get paid friday so i can buy some free weights
  • dreamdealer
    dreamdealer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing lean because I thought it was the easiest regimen. I really like p90x and was really out of shape. The way I look at it is, I have plenty of time to do the others since this is a lifestyle change not an exerciseprogram. Good luck in your decision, and stick with it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Several people here have lost a good amount of weight on lean, however some of us have lost fat and gained muscle during classic. The lean program is a great start and there is nothing wrong with changing to classic during phase 2. I've seen a couple of people change up. The lean version will be a great introduction into the program without being too overwhelming and intimidating. i have only done the classic version.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am on week 9 of classic and have seen pretty good results. I've lost 11 pounds in 9 weeks and a TON of inches. I think the next go around I will do lean to focus on my cardio health. So I guess it's a matter of what your goals are. To loose fat, I would probably do lean. To build muscle, definitely classic. I wanted to build muscle before loosing fat to get the added benefit of a higher metabolism. Whichever you choose, I don't think you can go wrong. Best of luck!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    i'm starting the lean next week, just waiting to get paid friday so i can buy some free weights

You may want to check out the Reebok Speedpak. They are adjustable weights that go from 5-10-15-20-25 pounds. It can be found at Target.
  • chaoticjelly
    Options
    I recommend starting with the classic program. The extra strength workouts help to develop lean muscle which will burn more fat!

In any program, you will typically struggle when you start. Push through and do your best. Be proud of your achievements AND the fact that you improving your health just by trying!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I did both Lean and Classic. Had good results with both. I am glad I started with Lean though, 'cause I was in bad shape fitness wise when I started and I honestly don't know if I would have made it past day 2 of the Classic program if I had started with that, lol.

The important thing though is that you do it. Whichever program you pick, just keep pushing play and don't be afraid to modify as needed if it keeps you going.
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have done this already - let me pick your brains....
    I started lean a week ago and was surprised (a little disappointed) with how few calories I find I'm burning during Cardio X, Core Syn and Kenpo. Not to say it's easy - it isn't realllly easy but isn't as difficult as I thought it would be either. Only burned 337 calories today doing Cardio X and I couldn't have worked any harder if I tried. Here is what I'm wondering - do you think I could stick with the lean program and jsut switch out the Cardio X and Kenpo dvd for Plyo so I get a bigger burn??? Or should I just switch to classic?? I'm currently on mat leave and have the time to do this program and when I'm back at work in September it will be a lot harder so I want to choose a system that will get me the most results in the next 4 months... Then I can maintain more easily. Would love your input P90X grads!
  • nudacris
    nudacris Posts: 25
    Options
    alonnadodd, I recommend the classic version. The resistance training will increase your lean muscle mass, which will in turn help you burn more calories and fat. Don't be afraid of lifting (I know most women who do P90X are). You will not get huge, bulky muscles, I promise. If you do decide to stick with the lean program, I wouldn't swap out both cardio and kenpo for plyometrics. I'd keep kenpo, and try doing it with weighted gloves, makes a huge difference
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm convinced! I'll switch to Classic!