George Foreman Grill?

Options
BatCola
BatCola Posts: 64 Member
does it really do anything to your food does it melt any calories or anything...

Replies

• pokerlady8
    pokerlady8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use mine for several things and it is quick and easy. I can put frozen chicken breast on it and have a meal in less than 10 minutes and the chicken is moist and tender. Just don't overcook. I use to do hash browns and use no fat.
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    I love mine!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    :happy:
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The fat drops out of the bottom, so you aren't cooking your meat in fat...Your don't need spray or butter or anything. I love mine. I use it all the time for grilled chicken, kabobs, steaks
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The fat drops out of the bottom, so you aren't cooking your meat in fat...Your don't need spray or butter or anything. I love mine. I use it all the time for grilled chicken, kabobs, steaks
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you cook, some of the fat does melt and run off into the little tray. So you might lose a few calories that way. Pretty much like grilling on your BBQ but more convenient.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Exactly what the others have said, and I :heart: my George Foreman grill!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    does it really do anything to your food does it melt any calories or anything...

It was my first in house grill...I Totally Loved It! All I know is that it makes cooking easier...easier to cook when you are hungry and cooks healthier... Cooks veggies, meat, needs no oil. I'm a "cooker" so anything that can keep you on Your Plan is worth it. Now there are so many Foreman Grills you have to decide what fits Your needs best.
  • cjbnc
    cjbnc Posts: 32
    Options

If the meat is fatty, some of the fat will render out into the tray. Also true on a normal grill, too.

Foreman grills don't get hot enough to sear meat very well. Since most markets add "up to 10% solution" to their meats for you these days, you end up steaming your food more than searing it, a lot of the time. A lot of that solution is what you'll find in the drip tray.

I have one I almost never use. I prefer to use a good cast iron pan and sear my food properly. More work, but its worth it to me. I don't tend to cook fatty cuts where rendering the fat out of the meat makes much difference.
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love mine too even though I have an old model that doesn't come apart for the dishwasher! I love it for salmon as it sears it to crisp on both sides and cooks it perfectly! Yum
  • blh0285
    blh0285 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love mine too even though I have an old model that doesn't come apart for the dishwasher! I love it for salmon as it sears it to crisp on both sides and cooks it perfectly! Yum

Wow, I must have an old one too, because I didn't even know that they had a model that came apart for the dishwasher. They are very convenient! I love it!
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am selling my george foreman. I bought a Breville Panini press. Which I absolutely love!

http://www.brevilleusa.com/grilling/panini-grill-bgr200xl.html
  • r99samigrl
    Options
    It also works great for veggie burgers, veggie dogs, kabobs and even tofu! Its one of my most used appliances since you don't have to add oil or fat to cook. Doubles as a panini press when you're feeling creative :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I love the George Foreman Grill! It really does make cooking a lot easier. I'm not sure how much it helps cut calories and fat, but whenever I cook I sure see a lot of fat dripping down into the tray. It's a pretty satisfying image, that's for sure.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Exactly what the others have said, and I :heart: my George Foreman grill!