Is there such a thing...?

DodgeCJ
DodgeCJ Posts: 30
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everyone! Does anyone know of some low calorie chips or something like that? Whenever I am eating a sandwich I am looking for something crunchy to go along with it.... Any ideas?

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Carrot sticks. Heheheh. I love carrots. Really any fresh fruit or vegetable is nice and crunchy.

But if you need a crunchy salt fix, pretzels are better than chips.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I actually found no salt added blue corn tortilla chips by Garden of Eaten. 140 calories for 12 or 15 chips and only 10mg of sodium.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Ruffles light originals, they taste just like the originals and only have like 80 cal for like 10 or more chips.....
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Special K Cracker Chips!! They really fill that void for me and it is a big serving size. I especially like the sour cream and onion flavor. I buy them at Walmart.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    have you tried kelloggs cracker chips. they are delicious.
  • DodgeCJ
    Ruffles light originals, they taste just like the originals and only have like 80 cal for like 10 or more chips.....

Mmmm I love ruffles.. that is not bad only 80 cals.. thanks!!

Thanks everyone :]
  • DodgeCJ
    Mmmm thanks ladies! I will have to try those crackers... I love sour cream and onion! :P
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    wheat thins stix are delicious and 14 of them are 130 cals. they have cinnamon and a tomato one
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    they also have these natural puffy cheetos that are pretty amazing and you get 32 for 150 calories, I also like the light ruffles, by far my favorite chip is sea salt and vinegar...I weigh them out and just enjoy them while they last! I usually only have half a sandwich when I indulge in those pieces of heaven!!
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    popchips! potatoes puffed with air so wayy less fat and such.
  • Definitely the Kellogg's Special K Cracker crisps. They only have 110 calories for a serving of 27-30 crisps depending on the flavor! I only eat 1/2 a serving with a sandwich to complete my meal.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    I like Sun Chips, and Pop Chips are good too!
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Pop Chips if you can find them around you.

Also: I have an apple with my lunch every day. Although, I still want crunchy sometimes - so I know what you mean! I usually just eat Sun Chips though. Yum.
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    I have to agree w/ the Ruffles light! 15 chips for only 80 cal! They taste great!
  • Hey there I just had Subway for dinner and they had these chips I never seen before. They were Lay's Light orginial Fat Free chips. There were like 75 cal per serving. They tasted good too.
  • Special K Cracker Chips!! They really fill that void for me and it is a big serving size. I especially like the sour cream and onion flavor. I buy them at Walmart.
    OMG!!! These are the BEST!!! I Love the Sour cream & onion...but they are basically non-existent here..seems like there's been a run on them.... Definately worth a try!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    watch out for the fat free and light chips with olestra. It can cause the runs.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Crackers tend to have sugars in them. Pretzels too. Here's an article which is better pretzels or potato chips......

http://www.rodale.com/healthy-snacking?page=0,1

excerpt

This or That?
    Go with This. Potato chips. You aren't going to stop global warming by switching from pretzels to potato chips, and if you overindulge, your midsection and blood pressure will grow faster than your carbon footprint. However, if you monitor your intake, potato chips will satisfy your salt tooth without vastly increasing your sodium and sugar levels—or the temperature of the planet.
    There are even ways you can make them healthier and greener:
    • Go baked. Baked chips, rather than chips fried in oil, have 30 fewer calories and 8 fewer grams of fat. Find salt-free versions if you want to reduce the sodium content.
    • Buy in bulk. There haven't been any studies on the climate impact of chips sold in bulk, but you can purchase a large bag and package them out into single-serving bags at home. In the Frito Lay study, packaging accounted for 17 percent of the energy and pollution for each bag. The same approach works for pretzels, too, and in either case you'll likely save some money.
    • Stay away from the screen. Whether it's potato chips or those pretzels you just can't give up, mindlessly eating your snack in front of the television or at the computer will ruin any diet. Sit at a table instead, and enjoy every bite.
  • DodgeCJ
    Thank you all so much.
    I am glad there are more out there that love to snack on something cruncy like me! Hehehe.
    I used to be horrible... I used to watch TV or play on the comp and eat almost a whole bag of lays or something... I wouldn't even pay attention and eventually go.. "Wow! Did I really eat that much?!?!"
    What I do now is have a really cold bottle of water by my side, and sip on that while playing/watching TV/comp.
    It has really helped.

Have a great day everyone! =]
  • This is an unusual food in our world but I & my kids love 'em!
    Crispy, Salty, delicious, ...& actually pretty good for you!
    Not sure if they keep very well.... because we eat them all right away every time I make them.

KALE CHIPS

Ingredients -
    * 1 bunch kale
    * 1 tablespoon olive oil
    * 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I usually go with about 1/2 tsp)

Directions -
    1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
    2. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
    3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.

If you figure this recipes as stated for 3 servings; Cals 74, Carbs 7, Fat 5, Sugar 1, Protein 2g, Fiber 3g, & Sodium 450.
This discussion has been closed.