Calories during the day or night

Options
Is it better to spread your calories out during the day? I've been consuming about 700 during the day and then have 500 left for dinner and dessert. Any thoughts if that's too many to eat at night? Thanks.

Replies

• LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I have consistently had my heaviest meal 2 hours before bed at 12am. It is the only time my hubby and I get to spend time together as he works weekends and nights and i work evenings, so that is "our time" and he always cooks me a meal.. and shock horror sometimes carb heavy!! I have lost succesfully every week (that i was good) and it has never affected weight loss.

I always eat lighter during the day and allow the extra for at night. i believe that the only way late night eating will affect weight loss is if you do not make allowance in your daily calorie goals.. or leave it too late to eat and reach for "bad" foods.

I really dont think it matters what time of day , as long as it balances to your calorie goal.

Just my two pence thoughts and experience thrown in!!!

Laura x
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I get a good majority of my calories done and over with in the mornings. If I know im going to be working out, ill have more calories so im not worrying about them later.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    It's better to spread out calories throughout the day (#1 easiest way to burn calories - digesting!), but it's not bad to have a nice big dinner either. Just as long as you end up meeting your goals every day.

Reason being that eating more often boosts your metabolism.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I used to have more calories for dinner which I think is the "normal" way of doing it.. But I found that I was starving at work.. so I added about 100 more calories at breakfast and then have less at lunch.. I'm not really hungry once I get past lunch time.. Do whatever works best for you!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I always eat dinner between 8 - 9pm and it hasn't affected me.
  • Daysea13
    Daysea13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    They say eating consistently throughout the day & night is best to keep your metabolism going. I also eat late at night because of my son's schedule. The doctor told me before it doesn't matter what time you eat, just that you shouldn't go to bed immediately after. Food is energy...so it's pointless if you eat & go to bed. I also like to workout late so I think it is different for everyone. As long as you keep your calories consistent, you should have success! Good Luck!!!
  • MSlaught
    MSlaught Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback - that's why I like this site so much!

5689918.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools