Tips from Dr. Mehmet Oz

Options
I just received these excellent tips from the Dr. Oz "Just 10" program. You might find them helpful as you progress beyond a few weight loss struggles.

"Motivation

Sometimes in the throes of hunger, stress and time shortages we find ourselves at a crossroads. Should we give in to our ever-present bad habits and disappear into a bag of chips, or grab the healthy apple instead? Before you decide, stop everything! Next, take 3 deep breaths and then ask yourself this question: is what I am about to put in my mouth helping me reach my goals or making my goals harder to reach? Thoughtless eating will quickly derail your weight loss results and have you grabbing for the bag of chips. So take the time to rationalize your food choice before you consume it. You will be more likely to make a healthier choice, if you give yourself time to think before you eat. "

"Nutrition

If unhealthy food choices never make their way into your shopping cart, they will never make it into your pantry or find their way into your stomach. Sometimes the best way to make healthy food choices is to avoid having to make the choice in the first place! Stock your kitchen with healthy snacks and foods and leave the unhealthy stuff on the store shelves. But before you head to the store, here’s a quick tip to leave the grocery store junk food free – eat something healthy and satisfying before you move up and down the aisles. Shopping on an empty stomach often leads to a cabinet full of bad food choices! "

"Coaching Tip

Discovery Health

If you want to drop pounds and not pick them back up, you need to make sure your are picking the right foods to feed an empty stomach. But just as important as what you eat, how much you eat can affect your waistline. Watch as Discovery Health gives you some great tips to eat less and lose more. "

Replies