Morning or Evening

Options
Looking for advice/opinions...
Do you prefer a good work out in the morning or evening? I have been trying to get up and walk in the early morning and then if my schedule permits then I will go to the gym after school. I would like to go to the gym everyday and so I am considering getting up early and heading out to the gym. BUUUUTTTTT....that is really early and I'm not sure if my body can do what I need it to at the gym that early!!! Thoughts anyone?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The best time is whenever you can fit it in and whenever feels best.
  • HMHUBBS
    HMHUBBS Posts: 9
    Options
    If I don't work out first thing in the morning it doesn't happen. I find getting up those first couple days is always the hardest but after that it becomes routine. Sleep in your workout clothes, put your shoes right next to the bed. Set a schedule, work out Monday, Tuesday, sleep in Wednesday, then back at it Thursday, Friday (or whatever works for you). I find when I work out in the morning I have more energy throughout the day and I want to go to bed earlier so I'm rested and ready to go when the alarm goes off. Whether it's morning or evening pick a routine and stick to it. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • allyson223
    Options
    Just personal preference but I love morning workouts! I used to get up every morning before school and go. You might be amazed at what your body can do in the morning. I know for me once I full woke up and started my workout I felt awesome the rest of the day!!! Again whatever works for you is what is best. Good luck!!! :)
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a good workout in the morning and a good one after dinner.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I go in to work at 6am so the gym isnt even open. i go on my way home, then I get to take a 20 min nap before I start dinner
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my morning workouts. It sets the tone for the rest of your day. Now if you have no other option, evenings are just fine.
  • Sherri0706
    Options
    I also have to do it in the morning or it won't get done.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Either! I mix it up, but mostly because I'm not a morning person and I have a crazy busy schedule!!!! I take Monday's off, Tuesday I go after work, Wednesday after work or off, Thursday morning (day off work), Friday evening or off, Saturday whenever I can (morning is preferable, but not too early) and Sunday afternoon/early evening!

So I guess my point is, just do it!!!!
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mon & Tues I go in the morning, Wed Thurs Fri in the afternoon after uni and Saturday morning if I can before work. Sunday I work all day so no gym. Just try and fit it into your schedule.