Brand New! Hoping to find others with about 15 to go...

Options
Hi all!

Wonderful site! I'm fairly new--been logging since the beginning of April. This is a great resource! I've already recommended it. Anyway, I'm getting started on the forum and really look forward to talking with some of you.

I lost over 50 pounds since my high point in 2003--and slowly getting down to my goal. I've found the last 15 pounds or so to be the TOUGHEST and I can't seem to get there. I'm hoping MFP will help!

Anyone else struggling with the last bit? I'm looking to make friends too! :)

Take care, Spoofy

Replies

• mskisha1120
    mskisha1120 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 15 to go as well feel free to add me.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    the last 15 are the hardest! maybe you would like to join us over here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153490-not-that-heavy-girls-trying-to-lose-weight
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm finally within about 15 pounds of my goal as well!!! Congrats on your loss so far! I'm hoping I can keep losing slow and steady like I have the past few months, but if it takes a while, that's ok with me!!! Welcome to MFP, I've found it to be a very helpful and supportive place and get inspired and encouraged when I need it. Feel free to add me... I'm always up for new friends!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have 17 to go.
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    I hear the last bit is always the hardest. So you really have to push urself. I've only lost 8... I'd like to lose about 20lbs total. I guess once we get to that rutt... we gotta kick it into full gear!
  • spoofed
    spoofed Posts: 11
    Options
    Yeah! and after losing 3 pounds in April--and then mysteriously putting back 2 on, I think I have a problem folks! I CHEAT!!! I think i take extra portions and don't log it or 'lie' because I'm still hungry.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. It's really motivating to see others going through the same issues--and also great to see everyone doing so well.

:)
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nice job on your loss to date! I've lost over 60 and have also been struggling with the last bit (I'm not too picky about the number, but I'm guessing about 15 pounds). Joining MFP last week has (unexpectedly) helped to re-motivate me, and I hope it will do the same for you! Feel free to add me as a friend.
    -LP
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi "Spoofed,"
    I am 18 pounds away from my goal weight- lost 37 so far. Congrats on the 50 you have taken away.
    I am pretty excited about this site. I have tried other communities on line before and this so far is most user friendly.
    Looking forward to wearing a bikini for the first time since I was a teen! I am determined to meet that goal.