Cheeseburger in Paradise

Options
So, I ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise today and when I got home I was going to look up the nutritional info for my entree and this is what I found:

"Thank you for your interest in the nutritional value of Cheeseburger in Paradise entrees. Cheeseburger in Paradise does not make nutritional claims about our menu items, such as 'Fat Free' or 'Low-Fat' and accordingly, we have not conducted a detailed nutritional analysis of our menu items. However, all of our food is prepared fresh daily, so when possible, we will try and accommodate your dietary needs.

Your patronage is greatly valued and we hope to maintain your confidence in our concept.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,
Your friends at Cheeseburger in Paradise"

WTH!?

Replies

• RyanRay
    RyanRay Posts: 9
    Options
    So in other words...you don't wanna know how much calories or fat is in that burger!!! lol All kidding a side, that is a load of crap! I think its a restaurant's responsibility to tell us what is in their food!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That means they don't want you to know how bad it is!
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    I dunno but Had to look cuz I am a Jimmy Buffett fan - love it!:explode:
  • Lisamarie7574
    Lisamarie7574 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That may be sweet talk lingo for, "We-are-not-posting-any-nutritional-info-cuz-if-we-do-you-may-not-eat-here-again". HA!! Just hope you enjoyed the food and start fresh today!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I actually got chicken, not a burger. It's just frustrating!! I didn't realize restaurants even had the option not to make that info available!
  • tcooper81
    tcooper81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is really good to know. I don't eat at restaurants that won't provide nutritional information, so I guess they don't want my business!
  • lsd007
    Options
    That is really good to know. I don't eat at restaurants that won't provide nutritional information, so I guess they don't want my business!

I usually don't either, but I didn't pick the restaurant, and it was kind of a spur of the moment decision so I didn't have it looked up beforehand at home. Definitely won't be going there again!!!
  • BlazedBetty
    Options
    I actually used to work at Cheeseburger in Paradise a few years ago... One of my favorite jobs. I wonder which one you went to since there's only a dozen+ of them.... I worked at the one in Charlottesville, VA

It's actually not a law that you have to provide nutritional information... It was recently passed here in FL as a state law that if you have more than a certain number of stores in the state of FL that you do have to legally provide the information, but everyone has until October to comply with the new law.

I haven't worked there in 2 years, about the time the restaurants separated themselves from the OSI Inc. company that had previously owned them. Which made them a much smaller company and more likely to be able to not have to get information like that.

They used to carry both Turkey Burgers and Veggie burgers...I imagine they still do...

But I assure you, there are TONS of places to go out to eat that do not have that information available. CIP isn't the only one

Even the major chains like Chilli's will not have information on their "new" items for awhile after they come out.
    My advice... do the research before you go anywhere to eat so you know ahead of time what your looking at.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow....just wow.... that is crazy! So they don't provide it to give you a option to pick something not- so calorie packed on their menu? I would not go back
  • lsd007
    Options
    I actually used to work at Cheeseburger in Paradise a few years ago... One of my favorite jobs. I wonder which one you went to since there's only a dozen+ of them.... I worked at the one in Charlottesville, VA

It's actually not a law that you have to provide nutritional information... It was recently passed here in FL as a state law that if you have more than a certain number of stores in the state of FL that you do have to legally provide the information, but everyone has until October to comply with the new law.

I haven't worked there in 2 years, about the time the restaurants separated themselves from the OSI Inc. company that had previously owned them. Which made them a much smaller company and more likely to be able to not have to get information like that.

They used to carry both Turkey Burgers and Veggie burgers...I imagine they still do...

But I assure you, there are TONS of places to go out to eat that do not have that information available. CIP isn't the only one

Even the major chains like Chilli's will not have information on their "new" items for awhile after they come out.
    My advice... do the research before you go anywhere to eat so you know ahead of time what your looking at.

I went to one in Indiana. And yes, they have both veggie burgers and turkey burgers, but that wasn't my point. I set aside 1000 calories for this lunch, so I'm guessing the entree ordered fit in there, especially considering I only ate half. I was just saying that I found it frustrating not knowing how much calories, sodium, etc was in it. I realize now that it is obviously not a law. And, like I said I usually look things up beforehand but this was a spur of the moment thing, and I didn't choose the restaurant.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I know the FDA has at least proposed regulations for restaurants with over 20 locations to list nutritional information of their menu items; not sure if it's actually a regulation yet.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/LabelingNutrition/ucm248732.htm
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't care how many calories are in their fish and chips, it's the best meal I've ever had at a restaurant and I can't give it up for good, lol! Obviously, their food probably isn't something you'd want to eat on a regular basis, but a treat every now and then won't hurt. Besides, do calories even exist in Margaritaville? ;-)
  • lsd007
    Options
    I know the FDA has at least proposed regulations for restaurants with over 20 locations to list nutritional information of their menu items; not sure if it's actually a regulation yet.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/LabelingNutrition/ucm248732.htm

That is good info to have, thank you! Maybe they don't have more than 20 locations? Or maybe it isn't in effect yet..either way thanks(:
  • lsd007
    Options
    I don't care how many calories are in their fish and chips, it's the best meal I've ever had at a restaurant and I can't give it up for good, lol! Obviously, their food probably isn't something you'd want to eat on a regular basis, but a treat every now and then won't hurt. Besides, do calories even exist in Margaritaville? ;-)

Haha, this was my first time eating there. And I am not one to deprive myself, when I feel the need I splurge, too! I just like knowing what I'm eating(:
  • pawprint_net
    Options
    I can't remember the deadline but there is legislation coming in here in BC Canada that will require all public eating establishments to include the nutritional info for everything on their menu - all the establishments are up in arms about it - but I think it's a great thing!
  • jimjamsjet
    jimjamsjet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is illegal in Australia. Even more proof that Australia is a better place.
  • lsd007
    Options
    That is illegal in Australia. Even more proof that Australia is a better place.

Haha, I was born here..not my fault! And I would love to visit Australia (:
  • lsd007
    Options
    I can't remember the deadline but there is legislation coming in here in BC Canada that will require all public eating establishments to include the nutritional info for everything on their menu - all the establishments are up in arms about it - but I think it's a great thing!

On the menu, as in food listed on the menu they have to have nutrition info for, or "on the menu" as in the info is printed right on the menu? Now THAT I would LOVE! Darn America..
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    So in other words...you don't wanna know how much calories or fat is in that burger!!! lol All kidding a side, that is a load of crap! I think its a restaurant's responsibility to tell us what is in their food!!

LOL!

Ditto.

Trust me, when I was a kid, if my mother asked me if my homework was done and I proceeded to give a long-winded answer full of twist and turns she would have known that I was full of BS.
  • digdug2
    Options
    what do u think, ur going to go to a cheese berger joint and eat healthly. Chef salad only thing safe. u need to be responsible for ur self and not expect resturants to do that for u.