HELP! Cooking for a 15yr old boy....

Options
I'm hoping some of you are in the same situation and can offer some suggestions. I am just starting this program and the hardest part is the food in the house. I do not have good willpower. If the food is here, I will eat it. The problem is, I have a 15 yr old boy who needs to gain weight (for football & track). I cannot eliminate the fat from the house because he needs it. The good thing is, he is an excellent eater. He loves salad & all fruits & veggies. He's not a picky eater at all. I just don't want to hurt him while trying to fix me.

Any suggestions???

Replies

• davedylan
    davedylan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bet that is hard. I have 2 teenagers who eat everything so I find what I buy them I eat too. I'm not sure how you feel about protein shakes. My youngest was the same and he was so small playing sports. It helped him a lot and we actually started drinking them.
    I guess also look for protein items that he needs and you can eat like chicken and fish.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you so I'm unsure how much help I could be. When no one was looking I took a bite of cold pizza tonight.
    I'm still a work in progress. LOL

Good luck