I have 771 left... what to eat?

Options
megz4987
megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
I ate my meals and now I've just got back from walking and the counter is telling me i have 771 cals left for the day...
My brain's telling me to grab a roll or maybe a bowl of cereal but what are some better options for late night snacking? I'm trying to avoid carbs (not completely, of course) but because I'm addicted to them completely and I'm trying to change that...
Help!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Replies

• windmillhealth
    windmillhealth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    maybe boiled egg or two? Those fill me up!
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Freeze grapes. There's nothing better for late night snacking for me.
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    an orange or piece of fruit. Eat something that will satisfy you and don't worry if you can't eat all of your exercise calories.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thats what I'm having for tonights snack, 2 hard boiled eggs (minus the yolks) . Filling, delicious, and healthy!
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    turkey and cheese rollups for a quick late night, low carb snack! I always keep some hummus on hand too. Cream cheese and cucumber with turkey pepperoni, omlettes or scrambled eggs, microwavable meals/lean cuisines, string cheese, cottage cheese with salsa, if you are ok with a little more carbs subway sandwiches are a good choice.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    look at your diary and see if you need more protein, fat, fiber, etc.

My easiest trick is dry roasted unsalted almonds. (with a few chocolate chips for fun!)

700 is hard to get late night without eating too much sugar or fat....I had to learn to think earlier in the day so i wouldn't end up with a tummy ache at night trying to eat too many.

Tomorrows a new chance!
  • xcountrymom2
    xcountrymom2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Actually you need the protein so don't rule out these high sources. Grilled chicken over spinach is a great meal and even a grilled hamburger would be good, and if you don't want carbs, eat it sans bun. Shrimp cocktail is also a good choice if you like seafood.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    How about sending those calories my way? :wink: :laugh: Well it's going to be hard to eat that much calories as a snack but you can always eat a steak or some kind of protein.

I've used to have that problem but lately I have been ravenous. I have to try very hard not to go over and I have gone over everyday for the last 3 days except today.