Late workout what to eat after? I am very hungry.

Options
NicRiv26
NicRiv26 Posts: 20 Member
I workout at night and when I come out I am starving. Don't know what to eat becasue one don't want to blow my workout plus, I usually go to bed about two hour later. Any suggestions?
:ohwell:

Replies

• skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Do you have any protein shakes/bars?

If not, I usually have something high in protein like an egg white omelet or some chicken breast or other lean meat.
  • msmonique95
    msmonique95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    you could try a piece of fish and a small side salad. It's not too heavy and you definitely won't blow your workout. Believe it our not, once you start eating, you probably won't be able to eat all of your dinner. I have found that when I work out before lunch and dinner, I can't really eat all of my food.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Casien protein shake before bed to keep you feeling full.
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    veggies! :] veggies are always a win.
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    Yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna...something high in protein :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk is yummy and filling, and great post-workout.
  • luckyme65
    luckyme65 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    protein after you workout is always best....helps your muscles build and recover.
  • bparsont
    bparsont Posts: 50
    Options
    How about eating a snack(any of the above) BEFORE you work out. You need energy to exercise and if you're starving after working out then you didn't have enough fuel in you to start with. And then whey, rice or soy protein drink/bar after your workout.
  • windmillhealth
    windmillhealth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agrre with everyone- Protein is the way to go!!!
  • xcountrymom2
    xcountrymom2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi protein and low fat and no carbs or very low carbs. Grilled chicken breast with spinach or darker green salad with a very light dressing, or grilled white fish like tilapia with some type of green like asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach, etc. If you have a sweet tooth, try a couple of strawberries or a low fat, fat free, suger free fudge bar. You can find them 50 to 100 calories at your grocery store. Mix it up with some steamed shrimp and a stirfried chow mein made with cabbage. Although cabbage can make for some gas pains over night...lol.....Good Luck and good late night eating!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Considering your workout is late in the evening and nearing bed time. I would suggest a protein shake with a ratio of 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat.

In a blender, add your Casein protein powder, old fashioned quaker oatmeal and some water and an ice cube. Blend, and drink.

The amounts you add will be dependent upon how many calories you want to consume, but as an example, I usually do 1 scoop of casein, 1/2 cup of oats and it ends up being 270 calories, 29g protein, 30g carbs and 4g fat. You might question the carbs since it's late at night but oatmeal is a good quality carb and you need to mix some carbs with your protein to ensure it's being delivered to your muscles where it's needed.

If you don't do the protein thing, Cottage cheese with a small piece of fruit is an alright option. Maybe a greek yogurt?

Try a few different things and figure out what satisfies you and makes you feel good.

P.S this isn't meant to replace a meal, but simply to feed your body what it needs after a workout vs. going to bed with nothing after a workout.
  • NicRiv26
    NicRiv26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the advice. Will try everything and see what works for me the best. Thanks Again!!!!:happy:
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Healthy shake...visit: nascar99fan.bodybyvi.com :smile: