kettlebell workout dvd's?

Options
I've been trying to figure out how to add some strength training into my regular routine...but do it from home so today I bought a kettlebell. It came with a dvd-but it's not the greatest. Anyone know of a good kettlebell dvd for beginners?

Replies

• rmcheathbabe
    Options
    kettleworx!!! You get a set of DVDs...reasonably priced, they'll kick your butt, but you can start it as a beginner.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' Shred-It with Weights is a kettlebell workout. Pretty good too!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Enter the Kettlebell or Kettlebell Goddess I think is the other good one( for girls ) . These are at www.dragondoor.com
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's has a 30 Shred with weights it has 3 levels.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question! I plan on getting kettles soon and was just wondering about any dvd's out there. :drinker:
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    :happy:
  • jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    I always recommend Lauren Brooks' DVDs. She is a certified RKC instructor, a certified clinical nutritionist, and has a degree in kinesiology. Plus, her videos start with instructions on how to execute the moves properly. I own her first two videos that I purchased/downloaded from her web site. She has actual DVDs you can order, but they are way more expensive than the downloaded versions. It says they are for iPhone/iPod, but I just watch them on my laptop. I do have an iPhone, but I don't really need to watch them on it. The videos are tough, but they have 30-60 second breaks in between sets. She has some clips on youtube as well.

I also have Jillian Michaels' Shred it with Weights. It's a good workout, but she doesn't use proper form nor does she instruct you on proper form. I would recommend it after you have learned the proper technique.

I also have a Danskin DVD and another DVD that came with my 15 lb kettlebell. I wouldn't recommend them...

Hope this helps!
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I just started doing kettlebells, and it's not a dvd, but I highly recommend Lorna Kleidman's book - "Body Sculpting with Kettlebells for Women." It has all the moves nicely diagrammed, and three 6-week workout plans in progressing intensity. Awesome workout, and not hard to follow, even though it is in book form.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I saw the kettleworx set today and wanted to pick it up. It looked great. I am just not sure what size bell to use. I am guessing I should start with 5 pounds. I can always buy a heavier bell later and then still use the dvds. How do people record kettlebell workouts in mfp?
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Just for a reference my wife started with 10lb and it was way too light.
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I saw the kettleworx set today and wanted to pick it up. It looked great. I am just not sure what size bell to use. I am guessing I should start with 5 pounds. I can always buy a heavier bell later and then still use the dvds. How do people record kettlebell workouts in mfp?

I don't record mine in MFP because it just seems like too much work. I just let myself have a little more freedom with going over calories a little bit. :-P

And you could probably start with at least a 10 lb one. Don't sell yourself short. I just moved up to a 15 lb bell, and I'm feeling the burn, but I'm excited to be lifting heavier weights (my older brother works out with a 40 lb one, so I want to be able to go toe to toe with him someday!).
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options

I bought an 8lb one because 5 seemed really light-but not really knowing anything about kettlebell workouts I didn't want to go too heavy. I should have gone with 10 to start. I figure I will use this 8lber until I know the moves and what I'm doing and I can go up from there.