Replies

• boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    BUMP...these look delish!!!!IOMG
  • JMystery
    JMystery Posts: 6
    Options
    I hate it when people call assembling prepacked goods a recipe, especially when it calls for cake mix? Just saying.
  • jgskinny
    jgskinny Posts: 15
    Options
    THIS is the best cupcake I have actually ever eatten!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I modified the recipe and put it in MFP, on my recipes and it actually calculated each cupcake 32 cal and 2 gram fat. I used a diet cherry vanilla DP, Choc. devils food cake mix. Lite Cool whip ( about 4 heaping tablespoons) and reduced fat peanutbutter (4 tablespoons). its my new favorite treat!!
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    These sound divine! Chocolate and PB are my weakness. Thanks for sharing!:tongue:
  • softballerchik1
    softballerchik1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • jenmac82005
    Options
    sounds really good!! thanks for sharing!!
  • dearkr
    dearkr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bumb :)

5279312.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • viclynn
    viclynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I wonder how that would work if you used PB2... the powdered peanut butter that only has 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. That would cut down tremendously for calories, as long as it tasted good!
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Bump sounds great thanks for sharing!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing... these sound awesome!
  • dublvision2
    Options
    bump

I was just wondering about using the PB2, also. I bet it would work great and imagine the calories you would save! :D
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I made these last night and just wanted to share the recipe. I posted pictures of the finished cupcakes on my blog. Feel free to follow my blog if you like :wink:

MY BLOG: http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/2011/04/recipe-of-week.html

Just came up with this tonight... I was craving peanut butter cups, but didn't want to waste the calories. So I made a low-cal chocolate cupcake topped with a peanut butter icing and chocolate drizzled on top.

This recipe is simple, using a low-cal chocolate cake mix combine the dry mix with 12 oz of diet dr. pepper. Bake as instructed on the box. Place into paper liners, should make around 24 cupcakes (depending on your cake mix). While cupcakes are baking mix 16oz of lite whipped cream with 4 tablespoons of peanut butter. After they are combined refrigerate until the cupcakes are through baking. Top each cupcake with the whipped cream mixture & drizzle 2 tablespoons (total) worth of chocolate syrup over the cupcakes. ENJOY!

*Your calorie count WILL vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use.

I actually think these can be made with even lower in calories... but I just used what I had in the house. Next time I am pushing to make them for about 100 calories each!!!

ENJOY!!!

So wait, you used just dry cake mix and Dr Pepper? No oil, eggs, or other binder?
  • kosh02
    kosh02 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you I am trying these. Maybe use a reduced fat peanut butter to cut calories.
  • Hil1987
    Hil1987 Posts: 6
    Options
    These look so awesome! I'm a sucker for the pb/chocolate combination!
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    Bumpily bump!
  • dcjulian
    dcjulian Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    bump!