Apple Cider Vinegar

Options

Replies

• nitarongish
    nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I'm definitely an advocate of it.
  • nitarongish
    nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it at first, but only the first week. I'm the type of person that if I don't like something but it is good for me then I will grin and bear it. But honestly, I think a person can get used to it quick. My husband just asked me today how it was going with ACV, and I replied that I look forward to it now. Good luck.
  • dcjulian
    dcjulian Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it at first, but only the first week. I'm the type of person that if I don't like something but it is good for me then I will grin and bear it. But honestly, I think a person can get used to it quick. My husband just asked me today how it was going with ACV, and I replied that I look forward to it now. Good luck.

I love the stuff..............I marinate cucumbers, pepper and onions in it. I use it for salad dressing. I pour it in my collard greens as they are cooking.

I drink it every morning when waking and again right before bed.

My dogs love it too and it got rid of the yeast infection that was causing my lab / chow mix to have between her toes and it caused them to smell bad............its gone now thanks to yogurt and Braggs ACV
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I tried the pills for over a month, with no benefits. It upset my stomach, but did not effect the scale :( I know a lot of people that this has worked for, both pill and liquid form, but nothing for me. Just thought I'd put my experience in, so people don't think it's a miracle cure. Hopefully I am the exception, and it will work for all of those interested in trying.

:)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i call this recipe 'jogging in a jug'. :)

2 bottles of sparkling red grape juice
    1 64 ounce bottle of organic apple juice
    1/2 cup of honey
    3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar

mix well and refrigerate. drink a shot-glass-full each morning. that's it. the man who made the recipe is over 93, his wife is 89 and they are still going strong. :)
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i call this recipe 'jogging in a jug'. :)

2 bottles of sparkling red grape juice
    1 64 ounce bottle of organic apple juice
    1/2 cup of honey
    3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar

mix well and refrigerate. drink a shot-glass-full each morning. that's it. the man who made the recipe is over 93, his wife is 89 and they are still going strong. :)

awesome thanks for the recipe!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    What about adding it to a smoothie? Would that still work instead of drinking it straight? Just
    a thought.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I just read it can help with sinuses! That would be a dream come true.
    I ordered the Braggs off of Amazon, check out the reviews there, they are awesome. It was only $5 so at worst I'm out $5 and have a pricey vinegar to at least cook with or something.
    I hope it can help some of my ailments.
    Thanks to the OP for bringing this subject up.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    No one replied..... Can we add this too a Smoothie? I looked it up on Amazon and I am going to buy
    some at the local Vitamin Shoppe since we have those here were I live.

I would like to know if it will still work if we were to add it to a smoothe or if we had to drink it straight??

Thanks
  • annpat28
    annpat28 Posts: 42
    Options
    bump
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, Liquid Aminos, and Nutritional Yeast. Good stuff!! I get it at Kroger in the health foods section... I bought a lot of bottles when it was on sale for $3. :bigsmile:

http://bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-healthy-live-food-products.html

I just take a tablespoon or 2 straight... also add it to salads and stir fry. :wink: I don't think it is an actual *diet* but it is good for you. http://bragg.com/healthinfo/acvdaily.html
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Well..........

I am still trying to find out if it can be added to smoothies? Anyone?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Well..........

I am still trying to find out if it can be added to smoothies? Anyone?

I've never added it to a smoothie but you could always try it! I am so used to it now that I just drink it straight.
  • mrmchap
    mrmchap Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother in it is good for a LOT of things. My husband uses it for his Gout to control flare ups. I have tried to drink it like he does and I just can't. :(
  • jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    I found this...

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/vinegar-and-diabetes.html

Plus they say, "…two teaspoons of vinegar could be consumed palatably in hot tea with lemon at mealtime.”

Sounds good to me:-)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Ok I bought the Braggs with the Mother brand at Kroger in the Organic section and it was $3.80 a bottle. I
    added 2 Tsp in my smoothie this morning and I could still taste it a little. I will try it in some hot tea. Don't
    think I could drink it straight.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I have actually heard that apple cider vinegar is conducive to weight loss. Just somehow the thought of downing even a small bit of vinegar calls my acid reflux to protest! But hey, I will try it and keep my Pepcid AC close at hand!!

Actually... apple cider vinegar is a known home remedy for heartburn. Used it through my pregnancy with great results (I got tired of Tums. :smile: ). Wish I'd known then, what I know now... that is, almonds are also great for immediate heartburn relief.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Well I thought I would try this mixed in with my Rasberry Vinegarette dressing and it tasted fine,
    Another easy way to get it down. :)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Ok so I decided to try this ACV in my hot tea this morning and just can't do it, Tastes horrible. I guess the only
    way I am going to get it in my diet is either in my salad or in a smoothie. I told my mom about it and now she
    wants to buy some since it has so many things that it is used for.