Did I just over do it?

Options
I've been eating very well for some time now, with no weight loss. I started circuit training, 30 mins, 3X/week and still no weight loss. So, one week ago I joined MFP. I love this site. I am so motivated that I've exercised every day. Now, I just feel weak. I'm not sore. I've slept well, but I just feel weak. Has this happened to anyone?

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    How is your protein intake? I was feeling like that and increased my Protein intake after working out and I totally dont feel like that anymore! I do a hour of cardio a day and a class such as Zumba or Yoga every day during the week. The protein was key for me! Also, are you getting enough carbs and eating all your calories??
  • cbutler07
    Options
    Do you take vitamins? if not i would start taking a daily one that will help with keeping your body full of nutrients as well as curb cravings. I was always told to only work out 3 times a week so the body can rest, but on the flip side I know people who do cardio 3 times a week and does weights for 2 that way that part of your body has time to rest. maybe doing both or at least taking a day off here and there will help your body revive itself.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    Are you eating enough? I have just started this website 3 weeks ago and you will find a lot of information about eating the calories you burn from exercise.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What do you consider "eating very well"? Are you drinking enough water?
  • DMthree
    DMthree Posts: 2
    Options
    For me, alternating hard and easy days with my workouts is key, in combination with 8 hours of sleep, eating right and taking my vitamins. I was low on vitamin D and B's. The doctor can run a blood test to check those things. It is a balancing act to be healthy, but so worth it!
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Probably. :tongue:

The reasons I get very tired are:

My body/muscles/etc aren't used to so much exercise
    My body has too few calories
    My blood sugar could be low from over exercising (this usually includes shaking/weakness)
    I don't give myself a day to recover occasionally

These are all benign, but unpleasant.
  • xcountrymom2
    xcountrymom2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What happens is that when you start exercising regularly your body will at first kind of "rebel". It likes being lazy. It will give you these signals to try to get you back to "comfy" mode on the couch. It should eventually subside, that is if you are sure you don't have some kind of flu, mono or possibly allergies. I have terrible allergies right now because I am allergic to tree and grass seeds and it makes me very tired and weak. I use an anthistime and a decongestion to help. Good luck!
  • SJHiker
    SJHiker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response. Funny you should ask about protein. Now that I'm logging my diet on this website I see that my protein is usually lower than recommended. I recently had my labs checked and everything looked great (iron, B12, red blood cells, etc.) BUT they didn't check my protein levels. I will ask my doc about that and I WILL add more protein to my diet. We'll see how I feel tomorrow---I just had a cheese enchilada dinner. (my occassional vegetarian day:tongue: )
  • SJHiker
    Options
    How is your protein intake? I was feeling like that and increased my Protein intake after working out and I totally dont feel like that anymore! I do a hour of cardio a day and a class such as Zumba or Yoga every day during the week. The protein was key for me! Also, are you getting enough carbs and eating all your calories??

Thank you for the response. Funny you should ask about protein. Now that I'm logging my diet on this website I see that my protein is usually lower than recommended. I recently had my labs checked and everything looked great (iron, B12, red blood cells, etc.) BUT they didn't check my protein levels. I will ask my doc about that and I WILL add more protein to my diet. We'll see how I feel tomorrow---I just had a cheese enchilada dinner. (my occassional vegetarian day:tongue: )
  • SJHiker
    Options
    @xcountrymom- (I'm not sure how to reply to your post, so let's see if this worked) I agree, my body just wants me to be cozy. I'm taking the day off from exercise and this sofa feels "just right". I will rest today and tell my body a thing or two tomorrow.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,188 Member
    Options
    The protein level here on MyFitnessPal is set quite low by default. If you are below that you need to eat more protein. It is needed to repair the damage done when working out.
  • SJHiker
    Options
    What do you consider "eating very well"? Are you drinking enough water?
    Thanks. I will check out the site you recommended. "Very well" means lots of vegetables, fruit, soy products, legumes, etc., but I will read more and also increase my protein. Water? Still not 8 glasses; about 5-6. I'll work on that, too.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I just started adding Soy-Free protein powder to my diet. No sugar, 2g carbs, 21g protein - blended with some almond milk and a handful of berries. It really improved my protein intake!