Weight daily or weekly?

Options
I have always had success with weighing in weekly. I would get so excited to weigh and see the results on the scale! However, now that I am within 10lbs of my goal weight, I know the pounds are coming off slower. I had thought about weighing in daily to help keep myself on track. My biggest problem is that I really beat myself up and get discouraged when the scale goes up (even a little).
Does anyone have advice for this?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have always had success with weighing in weekly. I would get so excited to weigh and see the results on the scale! However, now that I am within 10lbs of my goal weight, I know the pounds are coming off slower. I had thought about weighing in daily to help keep myself on track. My biggest problem is that I really beat myself up and get discouraged when the scale goes up (even a little).
    Does anyone have advice for this?

My biggest advice is get rid of the scale and start messuring yourself... both in terms of body fat % and inches.

Now realistically, the one advantage to weighing your self daily is you can see a trend easier. Knowing that your body can fluctuate 5 lbs in one day or more is an item you will have to contend with. But if you have 30 measurements vs 4 measurements, then your law of averages will be more accurate. But if you find yourself beating yourself up, then get rid of the scale.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly on a chosen day, same time of day, nude.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I "peek" daily but only actually log once or twice a week...I have been trying to use the daily weigh ins to note fluctuations, but I think it would be healthier for me to just weigh in once a week, or even less if I could get to that point...

if weekly works for you, keep doing it ;)
  • ajfoer
    ajfoer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a week in the a.m. right when I wake up before my shower. Monday is the official WI but Thursdays are a "keep it in check" WI.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey I always weigh in every 2 weeks. I still weigh in every day for my personal motivation but 2 weeks is good for me. Let the scale going up or down as motivation to keep it up! Thats what it does for me lol.
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    I actually weigh myself at least once a day but record it twice a week. I weigh myself everyday because I sort of find it interesting to see how much weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's a personal opinion really I weight daily thought I don't always log it - the scale is a personal goal for me to see if I'm doing good or if I need to catch up with myself.
  • Cartel
    Cartel Posts: 40
    Options
    I know the general rule of thumb is weekly. Then again I have done a lot of things against the grain.....but I personally weigh same time place nude every single morning. I also record it every single day. It keeps me on my toes about it and it is what works for me.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I used to only do weekly (religiously on Friday mornings after peeing, before consuming anything, stripped down). Now I got a really nice scale, and I like to play with it (it's the little things in life that amuse me, lol). Now I do check my weight every day (sometimes twice a day, lol), but I only log it if I've lost significant (like a whole pound) weight since my last check in.