Im done with this site :(

Options
I try so hard. and with everyone in my house hold eating junk, and cheese and bad food its too hard to feel like the only one who wants this to work.
i eat each meal with this site open so i can track my food and water, and excersice.
I quit this site.
Im just going to eat healthy and go to a gym for 1 hour every day instead.
Good Luck to everyone :)

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry you are not going to stick with mfp and find it's not for you! whatever works for you to get healthy is all that matters! good luck! and we'll be here if you decide to return!
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I mean that....i'm one to say i couldn't have done as good as i have without this site. There are awesome people and support on here and keeping track of my eating is the ONLY way i could have make it this far.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I too am sorry that you're not finding MFP to be useful for you. I'm sure that it is not for everyone. If you change your mind though, the fantastic people on this site will gladly welcome you back! Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • dywtd
    dywtd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The fact that your local system does not care about health is all the reason you find some likeminded folks to rally with.

I wish you great health, might as well keep the login, though... Just in case you slip! Good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just in case this offers any hope...I signed up for this site at the end of January. In the last 3 months I have been cooking my family healthier meals...my 5 year old hardly even eats chicken nuggets anymore which is a huge victory in itself. On top of that my husband has started walking on his lunch breaks at work! Maybe, just maybe you can be an inspiration to them if you stick with your plan, whether that includes MFP or not! We all stumble upon friends and family who aren't on the same page as us when it comes to getting fit, but it's our health that matters, not what anyone else is doing! Good luck to you whatever you decide to do! :)
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My husband sabotaged my weight loss for years or at least that's what it felt like, but only when I decided that it didn't matter what he did, I was the only one responsible for me, was I able to get serious and then wouldn't you know it? He got supportive. Please don't let anyone make or break you.....it's your journey! Good luck to you and I hope you change your mind and stay... :flowerforyou:
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck. I wish you would change your mind, and stay here with us. This site, in my opinion, is a very good tool to help with changing the way we do a lot of things. Good luck.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see you leave this site - I find it addicting to log my foods and see what I can accomplish. It's too bad that you can't talk to the people in your house about yr feelings. Perhaps if they see how healthy eating and exercise has already helped you they will get motivated to do the same. You can always come back as there are many people here who are willing to support you - good luck on your journey!
  • jamielee37
    jamielee37 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    While I certainly understand that it's hard with other people who aren't doing the same, I hope you change your mind for two reasons:
    1) You are doing this for you, not for them. Support YOURSELF with a healthy diet! (and the lovely forums!)
    2) If you want to lose weight it's going to take choice. There are plenty of times I have gone out to dinner only to eat a salad while my friends chowed down. I chose a healthier option. When you don't think of it as losing out because others are making a different choice, your choice will feel better.
    That said...I hope you give it another shot =)
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see someone get so discouraged, you've got to do what's right for you. But, I do have one piece of advice: Don't cancel your account just yet, let it be a place you can have at the ready if you ever need it. I abandoned this place more than once but, eventually, I realized it was the only thing that has ever really helped me in my search for a healthier life. Good luck to you :)