Best Time for Yoga

Options
dywtd
dywtd Posts: 14 Member
If I were doing a simple/moderate routine, but wanted to place the exercise at the best time of the day for overall benefit to my health, which should I choose?

I have free time at 5:00 am, and 9:00 pm.

Better to work and awaken the body with some light burning first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, or last thing at night to relax and make sure my blood sugar stays low all night?

Replies

• loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I always do my yoga first thing in the morning. I find its best to always, always, always do it on an empty stomach. If you are looking for some relaxing at night, maybe just try some meditating. Hope I helped some! :)
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Agree. Be aware, though, that it will take a significantly longer amount of time for your body to loosen up in the morning, so I'd allow an extra five minutes - at least - for simple movements to get the blood flowing. don't be surprised if your body doesn't immediately want to cooperate :happy:
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :smile: I think that it is best to do first thing in the morning, just because it soothes and motivates you for the rest of the day. Plus it is a HUGE stress reliever, I find that if I do yoga first thing in the morning then I have a much much less stressful day! :smile:

And I agree, always do it on an empty stomach, it is harder to do and uncomfortable when you do it on a full stomach! :ohwell:
  • dywtd
    dywtd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Mornings it will be, then! Maybe I will just walk, or like you guys said, meditate, at night.

"Significantly longer amount of time" to loosen is exactly correct! What does no snap, creaks. What does not creak, groans... The things that do not snap, creak, or groan... Scare me!