Exercise calories and final remaining number...

Options
I know we have to eat our exercise calories but I was wondering do most of you who have had weight loss have the remaining values = ZERO (values in red) everyday or do you generally leave some calories behind? Kindly answer...

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I know we have to eat our exercise calories but I was wondering do most of you who have had weight loss have the remaining values = ZERO (values in red) everyday or do you generally leave some calories behind? Kindly answer...
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I sure hope someone answers you because I want to know too. (I too have been not eating all my calories and am thinking about eating my exercise calories).
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Some days I'm up, some days I'm down, and I always include my exercise calories. I try to stay within about 100 on either side of zero. Seems to work ... I'm losing ... SLOOOOOOWWWWLLYY ... but that's ok.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories. I always leave 50 or so to make up for that piece of something I popped in my mouth without thinking. Or a brush of butter, oil or ketchup.

I try to log everything, and did early on when I was learning, but now I am afraid I am letting some slip.

Also I dont count all my exercise calories. I assume that I would have burned 75-100 calories just doing what I always do. So if I show 350 on my HRM, I log it, but I only eat 250 or so.

Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I always eat my exercise calories, but when I plateaued on the weight loss, a personal trainer suggested, instead of trying to hit the 'zero ' every day, that I average my exercise calories over the week. So some days I am a few calories over, the next I will be under. You still have to keep track of when you eat and what you burn, but it is a whole lot easier to eat a relatively constant calorie intake instead of trying to eat a minimum on a rest day, and then eat all those extra calories on a heavy exercise day
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I always ate my exercise calories and I lost every week except for when I was TOM. But if you leave a few or eat a little more it won't do any harm in the long run.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • bricker06
    Options
    When i work out i tend to burn around 800 cals. I find it very difficult to actually eat an extra 800 cals. I can have 1450 cals a day so on days i work out i try to eat atleast half of my exercise cals. I will add mixed nuts for a snack. They are high in cals but good for you. I also try to eat a larger breakfast. Hope this helps.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i never eat all my excersice calories .. due to the fact that mfp doesnt calculate that if i hadnt been to the gym and sat on my couch .. i would sill have been burning calories..100 or so

the other thing too is that because mfp wont let you eat less then 1200 that means that i have a deficit of only 650 cal. so there is still room to spare for 1000 cal deficit if i excersice.. so i dont stress too much over it.

normaly there is always 100 to 200 calories left depending on how active i was through the day
    hope that helps!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I am within 100cals either way everyday. sometimes I have a few left over, sometimes I go over by a little. It kind of impossible to be on the right number exactly. :flowerforyou:
  • kitt8980
    kitt8980 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from my exercise claories....is that bad? I figure that I was only given 1200 a day to eat and if I go over it I will not lose anything. I don't know am I wrong?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from my exercise claories....is that bad? I figure that I was only given 1200 a day to eat and if I go over it I will not lose anything. I don't know am I wrong?

yup, you're wrong. You get to eat the excercise cals, MFP already set your deficit so you're increasing it, possibly dangerously. Eat them, that's why they're given to you.:flowerforyou:
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I like to stay within 100 on either side too. It seems to even out in the end.