Just getting started...

Options
Hello, my name is Courtney and I am just getting started in trying to lose some weight so I can feel better about myself. What got me started is very ironic. I won a nice mountain bike from Marlboro cigarettes. It showed up last week and I looked at the tiny seat and considered buying a bigger seat. Then I decided I am just going to make my butt smaller instead. I also decided to give up smoking, which led me to the bike in the first place! So, I've rode my bike five days in a row now and I feel great! I usually ride for 15-45 minutes. I plan on riding at least 3 days a week. Wish me luck!

Replies

• mamalees
    mamalees Posts: 4
    Options
    good luck keep up the good work were here to keep you motivated!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    That is ironic, that they gave you a bike and that prompted you to stop using their product. Let me guess - is it red and white?

Good luck with your smaller backside!!
  • court428
    court428 Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes, of course it is red and white! lol. I have been a smoker for about 13 years and that bike made me just want to quit, and I did with minimal problems, go figure.
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I hope you can get through these 2 big goals! Always here for motivation or a chat if you need it :)
  • rachaels7
    rachaels7 Posts: 20
    Options
    You can do it!! Keep up the good work.
  • rachaels7
    rachaels7 Posts: 20
    Options
    You can do it!! Keep up the good work.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ugh - I wish the same thing happened to my boyfriend when he won a trip to their ranch!!
    Good for you for making a change and wanting to be healthy! Best of luck! :)
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's great. 2 goals to set and you can do both. Kinda funny how you got to thinking about the seat. Made me laugh. Good Luck and your goals and add me if you like. always nice to have new friends to chat with.
  • rishaskye
    rishaskye Posts: 24
    Options
    Irony or not...great job! Just got started myself. Feeling very excited and motivated. Keep up the great work!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! What a great "gift!" I want to get a bike...guess I need to start saving my pennies!
  • Walking2Lose
    Walking2Lose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome Courtney! And good luck with your journey! I think that is great that you quit smoking and are trying to lose weight! Good for you! Don't forget to come on here for support. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • court428
    court428 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the kind words and support.
  • Kjanthony
    Kjanthony Posts: 39
    Options
    good luck courtney!! this site really does help you keep track of your calorie intake. it forces you to see what you have actually taken in. that is a big motivator! keep in contact and again good luck::bigsmile: