Tips for eating healthy at business meetings?

blackponytail
blackponytail Posts: 3
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys. Any great tips for avoiding snack temptations at the office or making healthy choices when you're stuck at all-day business meetings that serve chips, salsa, wine, cheese, etc?!? :frown:

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    My work place provides coffee and donuts a lot. I say yes to the coffee but quickly look away from the donuts and eat my snack from home instead! I think of the calories of it and if it is worth it.. most of the time it isn't unless I have a huge calorie burn that day.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    if possible...take your own snacks...veggies are easy to put in a baggie and take along in your purse

ask the person in charge if it might be possible to get a veggie plate instead
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    protein or some kind of meal replacement bars go along easy too
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    i have long stopped drinking wine at work functions (customer dinners are a whole different story of course).... personally i dont think that booze and work should mix, so i sip bubbly water while everyone else is chugging the free wine. :)
    ask whoever is organizing the catering to also have a veggie platter / shrimp plate.... i bet most people will be happy.... almost everyone these days is watching their weight
  • DFORMOE
    DFORMOE Posts: 2
    Water, tea, and coffee are always a great choice. Bring a green tea bag and pop it into a glass of chilled water. After a few minutes you will have chilled Green Ice tea! BTW- Green tea releases more nutrients if it's brewed in cold water! That means more for your body to absorb!

Food, I always bring foods with me on all day business meetings. I look at it this way. Usually, I only need to worry about two snacks and they can be light because I am not moving around a lot. Take a piece of fruit with you that travels well. An apple, pear, plum, orange,banana, etc. You can also pack a few nuts and easily store them in your purse. Or, create your own healthy version of a trail mix, nuts, raisins, seeds. But, keep it to a small amount, it adds up fast. A protein bar is also a great and easy choice to carry around. It will stave off hunger until meal time. Most professionals appreciate other professionals that take charge of their health, I'm sure you'd be applauded for your excellent discipline and planning! Eat a super nutritious breakfast and I would even say don't skimp on your healthy breakfast size because you will be less likely to cheat with danishes and donuts if you feel satisfied!
    Good Luck!
  • Thanks for the tips!
This discussion has been closed.