getting over obsessed?

Options
Im am curerently a college student studying culinary arts. At the moment I am in a nutrition class and I am really getting into all the ideas and things we are learning about. But, ever since I started taking the class I have been really focused on how I eat, almost to the point that I over think what im eating.
Apart of me wants to believe this is a good change. But Im not sure if the over obsessing is so great...
Does anyone else feel like they are over obsessing and does anyone have any suggestions???

Replies

• brandi16
    brandi16 Posts: 56
    Options
    I think I do the same thing. I have learned the right way to eat and feel extremely guilty whey I am not 'perfect'...I think about it all the time...even when I'm eating. Good luck...I'd love to hear what others have to say on the matter...
  • r99samigrl
    Options
    I know how you feel. I obsess over every bite/sip I put into my body to the point that it gives me anxiety. I have found that tracking on here has actually helped alleviate some of my anxiety. By keeping a strict log, I know exactly what I've consumed throughout the day and I am able to make smarter choices about what and how much I eat. Plus I am no longer in "starvation mode" all the time. I look and feel healthier than I have in years. Good luck!
  • shawn48090
    Options
    People think I do, but I always been a funny eater not a lover of meat and a calorie counter since high school. I say if you think you are, then maybe you are. I can stand infront of a vending machine for 10plus minutes looking to make a descent calorie choice and calculate the "if I eat this I need to do an extra amount of minutes of exercise in order to eat the dinner that I want". I am ok with this.
  • sarapulsifer
    Options
    For me, it hard in situations that involve food because when im aroud people i tend to overload on the junk food. then feel bad afterwards and end up not enjoying my time with friends and family :/
    Im glad to kkno that someone is feeling the same as me.
  • sarapulsifer
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas and advice iit feels nice to have support :)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think I obsess about food and calories. I tend to be an obsessive person though. I don't do things 1/2 way lol. I constantly worry about how many calories foods have and read labels! It is good for me though because I needed to make a change! After a few months I have settled down a little but I still think about it a lot.