Why do I do this to myself????

Options
So I did great today until tonight! I worked out today and ran 10minutes which I have never been able to do before. I usually don't work out 2days in a row but I wanted to go so I did. For dinner my plan was to have fish, rice and some veggies. My hubby usually cooks dinner... He went to the store to pick up some items for dinner and disappeared for 2 hours. Needless to say I fell asleep on the couch after working a 9 hour day in childcare, plus taking care of my 2 boys (3 & 2) and facing being evicted tomorrow!!! He got home around 9pm and I got up half asleep and proceeded to eat 3 snack size 100 grand bars and almost 2 servings of a crunch bar!! That finished off my calories for the night and it didn't fully hit me until I logged it. :sad: I was going to eat a healthy dinner about 7:30 then have a little dessert= a great day! Why do I do this to myself???? My hubby packed up all the chocolate that his Mom gave us for Easter and took it out of the house. If I knew all I had to do was break down crying I would have done it sooner!! There is something about being half asleep and hungry that makes me want chocolate uuuuuuggggggg!! I just needed to vent tomorrow will be a better day.

Replies

• r99samigrl
    Options
    We all slip up, its human! Wanted to lend my support, I finished off the Easter candy today before I realized it and feel the same crummy feeling you do. But tomorrow is a new day, and we will both get back on track! Good luck!
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry hon! I did the same, within my calories all day, had steamed lentils for dinner...then polished off two macaroons and a cookie! Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again tomorrow! Sometimes I think its a fear of success honestly...like what will we do with ourselves if we actually achieve our goals?
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ah mee to i kep eating my sones chocolate and regretting it after then as punishment send myself for yet another long walk around the block
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have alot going on. Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make unhealthy food choices at times. Tomorrow is another day.

Best Wishes,
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. It's just a day. Consider it a "cheat" if it makes you feel better. As long as the majority of your days are good, then a few deliciously "sinful" slip-ups aren't going to do you in.
  • michelca
    michelca Posts: 41
    Options
    I did that today too! I'm staying with my folks this week, and my dad ordered chinese for dinner. I felt so gross afterward despite my workout earlier today that I had to run for another 15 minutes just to feel a little less like a marshmallow. It's a horrible feeling, I agree. But, tomorrow will be better. After all, you can only take it one day at a time, and everyone slips up eventually. As long as it's not a permanent slip up, I think you'll be fine. That's what I keep telling myself, at any rate :S
  • southernstrix
    Options
    Did the same thing today. Only four hours of sleep and first day back to working out this afternoon so I passed out around 730, woke up at ten and ate two Dove Truffle Eggs. :( I had a great day before that. I feel your pain. The night time munchies are the WORST!!! Tomorrow will be better!! Keep going strong!
  • Huisman81
    Huisman81 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In the same boat tonight - was doing great and would have been slightly under my calorie goal if only I hadn't blew it all on eating countless mini reeses. A previous poster wrote about the fear of sucess _ I think she is completely right, really what would we do with ourselves if we weren't beating ourselves up about one thing or another.
    For those that made an error in judgement today vow to move forward and strive for a better day tomorrow.
  • southernstrix
    Options
    In the same boat tonight - was doing great and would have been slightly under my calorie goal if only I hadn't blew it all on eating countless mini reeses. A previous poster wrote about the fear of sucess _ I think she is completely right, really what would we do with ourselves if we weren't beating ourselves up about one thing or another.
    For those that made an error in judgement today vow to move forward and strive for a better day tomorrow.

Couldn't agree more!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. Sometimes I think that's all we need is for many people in the same boat to tell us we will be ok. Tomorrow will be a great day and a new day for each and every one of us. I love having such an amazing support system to go to when I'm feeling down about my eating choices. :smile: