Any yummy NON chicken recipes/ideas for dinner?

Options
bmfrazie
bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
I am really not a big fan of chicken. I have tried to add more of it into my diet because I know it is a healthier option. However, does anyone have any good ideas for non-chicken dinner options? I LOVE shredded pork or ground turkey!

Replies

• AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Italian turkey sausage links make great sandwiches with green peppers and onions.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    how about veggie burritos
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep an eye on this thread...I'd love some chicken alternatives too LOL
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    In my experience you can do most anything with turkey that you can with chicken. When Turkey is on sale I just sub it in.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    How about turkey meatballs and pasta I get a lot of my recipes from dr.oz also if I find a recipe calling for ground beef i just use turkey instead
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    Do you like lentils?
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    I saw something in Shape Magazine that mentioned Pork Tenderloin as being as healthy as chicken.
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Very Tasty and easy soup to make:
    One box of chicken broth (or homeade broth if you'd rather)
    Your favorite tortilini (one package)
    One bag of fresh spinich
    Lemon zest

bring the broth to boil
    add tortilini (cook til they float)
    add the entire bag of spinich
    add a bit of lemon zest

soup is done when spinich is limp

Very yummy!! if you would like to add a bit of meat, try some turkey susuage or pork susuage in it... (we use pork) and even my boyfriend loves it!

Can also top with some fresh grated parmesean if you like! ENJOY!!

( You cold add any meat to it, but the original recipi has no meat in it. )
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Substitute ground turkey for any recipes you like with ground beef - chili, stuffed peppers, etc...
  • suecq09
    suecq09 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you like seafood - go that direction. FISH is a great alternative. Its healthy and can be prepared tons of ways. I enjoy making things with shrimp as well. I make a shrimp pasta, grilled or baked fish at least once a week. You can also do shrimp fajitas. If you like turkey - try doing turkey tacos or use turkey breasts to make fajitas.

You can do a lot with pork. Check out cooking light - great recipes there -just be aware that they usually use A LOT of ingredients in very small amounts - which can get expensive.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Do you like lentils?

I actually have never tried them. I am not really sure what to do with them. Did you have a good idea?
  • michellemariescott
    michellemariescott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We eat salmon about once a week. Our new favourite recipe is steaming/poaching salmon in a bloody mary sauce: vodka, horseradish, worcester sauce, clamato juice ( I use low sodium garden cocktail), celery and olive oil. Its super fast and is only 350 calories per serving.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I saw something in Shape Magazine that mentioned Pork Tenderloin as being as healthy as chicken.

I have a REALLY good recipe for pork tenderloin...send me a message if you want it!
  • tmorford
    tmorford Posts: 38
    Options
    bump
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of tofu! It can be used in so many ways :D