need some mommy help

Options
I have 2 kids and had one c-section. Let me know what you guys do to work out your abs.

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,425 Member
    Options
    2 kids here. Do tons of cardio to strip the fat and ab exercises daily. Planks are great, obliques, exercise ball crunches, reverse crunches. And hold your core tight all the time. I'll never have a flat tummy (won't give up some foods) but it's getter flatter and much tighter.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I have 3 kids and your diet is key, it's 80% of your results. Do your cardio, strength training and healthy meals every 2-3 hours. Be patient and consistent and you will see a difference.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i agree with the planks. its amazing the difference that something as small as a plank can do! i to have had a c section, and lost a ton of weight quick without toning as i went. and my skin is DISGUSTING! and while i know it will never look like angels, i know that it will one day be at least smaller anyways!
  • ladyviola
    ladyviola Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have four kids, all c-sections. Definitely agree with the other ladies. Eat right and get plenty of exercise. Another tip: drink as much water as you can stand. Alot of ladies tend to retain water in the abdominal region, thereby causing the bloated look, which is obviously not a good looks for your abs. Whats working for me is lots of cardio and I have also been doing Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones for my abs.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids (my first was a csection, section was natural) and have the same belly trouble. My upper abs are fine (could use some work but I can see the difference at least) its my lower abs that are killing me. I am very conscious about my carb intake. I also make sure I do ab work every day- espacially things like bicycle crunches and leg lifts (I have no idea the correct name for the things I do-sorry)
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I've had 6 kids, and I found losing some weight first, then adding in ab exercises as helped tremendously. When I first started I was doing Ab Ripper X, which I love, and it was creating muscle, but the muscle was covered by a layer of fat, and I looked bigger. Very discouraging till I swallowed the idea of what was actually happening. I waited till I lost some weight, then slowly started easing back into ab exercises. Diet is really key!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 C-sections, and will have my 4th in about 6 weeks. So, not doing anything for my abs at the moment! :P
    However, before I got pregnant this time around, I was doing a lot of walking, 30 day shred, and Turbo Jam (got it cheap off Amazon). Can't say I had a totally awesome tummy, but they helped, for sure. I was starting to do some running too, and that seemed like it helped, but I didn't do it enough to really know.
    I think my biggest issue was I wasn't eating right, so even though I could FEEL all this muscle on my abs, I struggled to lose the extra fat since I ate poorly. Plan to do MFP as well as working out this time around, so I'm confident about getting awesome abs this time.