My fitness timer is cheating me?!!!!

Options
Hello all you fellow fitness friends. I need a motivator when I work out, so I got a Polar FT7 Heartrate and fitness monitor. But....it shows way less burned caories than the workout machines do. And I thought I was doing so well. Has anyone had the same experiense?

Confused woman however on the right track.

Replies

• fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yep I find the fitness machines tend to overestimate.

The heart rate monitor (assuming you have all you info in it correctly) should be more or less the correct one.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Actually it's the workout machines that cheat on you, not the HRM.
    Oh, and MFP overestimates too!
    And once you lose weight you will burn even less calories...

I don't intend to bring you down, but that's the truth we all have to live with.
    You still are and were doing well! And you will continue doing well I hope :-)
    Just stay on track!

Good luck :-)

MM
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Make sure that all your info is set correctly and that you've got a good contact with the band for the transmitter.

I've got an FT4 and it seems to be about right to me. Of course the only thing I've had to compare it to is my rowing machine, which doesn't let you set any info and so estimates very low and MFP, which tends to estimate slightly high.
  • astridselen
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Thank You for your advice. It was valuable. I have learnt how to use my new fitness watch, and it is good.

10 kg lost 17 to go...