Any tips or Pointers?

Options
I jacked up my shoulder last year, pretty sure it is my rotator cuff. I have tried doing workouts that involve my shoulders and it kills. Any tips or pointers (or even suggestions) on what I can do to work on upper body strength without continuing to hurt my shoulder every time?

Replies

• b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I want to build up the strength without the pain of aggravating my rotator cuff.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    What part of your upper body? What muscles specifically? It's a big area! :tongue:

Your rotator cuff is in your shoulders, so yeah lol - avoid any shoulder exercises! I'd get it checked out by a doctor if it's still hurting a year later; that's not normal :frown:
  • boy03727
    boy03727 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have spent the last 5 months rehabilitating my shoulders. I did 2 months of physical therapy at sports rehab clinic and kept working on my own. I have loose shoulders, or multi-directional instability. You may have a tear and that will require surgery. go see a doctor soon, you can do a lot of damage if you let it go and don't get it fixed.

Resistance bands and light weights will help, but don't over do it. If it causes pain stop immediately. Honestly, the best thing i found to help me was a chest expander from a company called lifeline. It allows you to workout your shoulders at every angle with resistance bands.
    Here is a good video that might help you out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YHIV4a81Os

I would be glad to help you out any way I can. Shoulders are tricky and take a long time to rehab correctly. Just send me a message if you have any questions. I hope you get to feeling better soon.