NSV-

Options
2monkeys
2monkeys Posts: 17 Member
So I have been struggling with staying within my calories, everytime I say to myself today is the day something seems to come up. A dinner invitation, a long afternoon out of the house with a car full of my sons easter goodies, easter brunch (pot luck style), I know it sounds like a bunch of excuses, and I know it is (my husband and I feed off each other- if he cheats, well then it's not as bad if I cheat.) Regardless, for the past week I would say to my to my husband, "tomorrow we are going to really focus, if we eat over our calories we are going to workout to balance it out," he would agree and then it just wouldn't happen. So today I said it again, and today I finally succeeded- Yay me. I know it doesn't seem like much, but to me at this moment it is everything.

Replies

• TaushasJourney
    Options
    That's awesome! Doesn't it feel great to succeed when you say you will? :) Best wishes on your journey.
  • Kellyr107
    Kellyr107 Posts: 43
    Options
    Good job! That is an AWESOME NSV! Keep up the great work!
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Good work. It hard to stay on track sometimes but when you have some success its good to own it! Good luck.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    All the very best - I know where you are coming from..I've just had one son's birthday, easter, anzac day now another son's birthday and so it goes on on on....if your hubby isn't helping you might have to go it alone!! That's what I decided!
    Good luck:smile:
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It's all about taking baby steps.... that's what you did today, so hooray for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    The first good choice is the biggest NSV you can have!
  • 6heatherb6
    Options
    What is NSV?? thanks
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. Like loosing a pant size, or being able to run a 5k
  • 6heatherb6
    Options
    :
    NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. Like loosing a pant size, or being able to run a 5k
    Thanks so mucg - I've been wondering.....thinking thinking.....might just push myself and set a NSV or NSGoal myself!!
    :blushing:
    Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!