Young ladies in their 20's, what are you road blocks?

drea0087
drea0087 Posts: 11
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
For the young ladies out there who want to feel sexy (EVERY woman should have the right to feel sexy & beautiful),
I just want to say, no matter what your goals are, STAY HEALTHY! Also I want to know what challenges you guys have had with body image & weight loss/gain. For me, its feeling frustrated not feeling as comfortable as I know I could in lingerie & bikinis!

Replies

• krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Mine is always trying to find jeans.. I have a pear shape.. bigger on bottom and smaller on top.. when finding jeans they would either not fit in the waist and fit every were else, or fit in the waist and be bigger every were else...It was so frustrating. I just want to feel beautiful within myself.. i want to see what others see.
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Finding pants is also tough for me. I'm only 5'1, with an hour-glass shape, so finding pants that fit over my hips and bum, but dont gape open around my waist, but can also not be baggy around my legs is hard to find. I have to alter most of my pants. It gets very frustrating.
  • drea0087
    Oh I know how that goes! I have a pear shape myself & have the same exact problem. I usually try to find really stretchy denim or I hem the waist myself to fit me.
  • abaker768
    abaker768 Posts: 79 Member
    My self image totally. It dampers everything from work, marriage, etc... I love shoping and clothes, but I like it, I picture myself in it, and when I wear it, I think, "There's the stupid fat girl trying to wear clothes that are cool on skinny people. Where's the Moo-moo?"
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Finding jeans that don't do the "muffin top." I'm well on my way to de-muffin my belly though. It won't be there much longer... :)
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    I'm a 5'6" hourglass so clothes fitting isn't too bad I just have to be careful about not buying anything too revealing but meh easy compared to jeans! My biggest thing would be the bikini and lingerie too.. I'm fine with my chest and legs but my arms could be more toned and my belly smaller. I mostly want to be able to run and not feel like the unfit person all the time..
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    My self image totally. It dampers everything from work, marriage, etc... I love shoping and clothes, but I like it, I picture myself in it, and when I wear it, I think, "There's the stupid fat girl trying to wear clothes that are cool on skinny people. Where's the Moo-moo?"

Aww don't think that. But honestly? I love Moomoos I'm trying to bring them back in all Boho Olsen twin like to cover my tummy..
  • dd_salas
    dd_salas Posts: 57 Member
    I absolutely LOATHE shopping for dress tops. I have, like, no boobs. And I think that at least half of the 35lbs I've bought so far came from my chest area, so now I sort of look a little deflated in all of my bras. I just want the rest of my upper torso to match my small breast size (try finding a bra that fits a 42-44A). I do like my butt though. =) My hubby compliments me frequently on the ba-donka-donk.
  • abaker768
    I still wear what I want, but in the back of my mind I got all kinds of crap running thru it at all times..... I'm 6 foot tall, big boned girl. EVERYTHING looks odd on me!
  • abaker768
    I absolutely LOATHE shopping for dress tops. I have, like, no boobs. And I think that at least half of the 35lbs I've bought so far came from my chest area, so now I sort of look a little deflated in all of my bras. I just want the rest of my upper torso to match my small breast size (try finding a bra that fits a 42-44A). I do like my butt though. =) My hubby compliments me frequently on the ba-donka-donk.

I'm the opposite. I have LARGE, LARGE boobs.. (46 H....H as in HAT!)
    I wear whatever is comfortable, but what fits. I swear TV makes me feel worse about myself
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Definitely my confidence / self esteem. I still see myself as overweight :( I used to loathe my thighs, they were the bane of my existence (pear shape here too!). But now they've slimmed down all I can think about is my stomach. If it's not my stomach, it's my arms. I'm never happy!
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Finding pants is hard for me. I'm 5'2 so finding a size 5 SHORT is hard. Also dress shopping is completely depressing for me, it's mostly because of the back zipper, so they NEVER fit >:/
    Pretty much, I just don't like shopping right now lol. It's always something that I don't like.
  • drea0087
    When working out, I try to remember I'm not exercising to "punish" myself, I want to do it because God MADE my body to move! I also like to think that way with eating, knowing God made fresh fruits, veggies, grains, & healthy sources of protein for me! Lets love ourselves & take care of ourselves... It unfortunate we're so wrapped up in fast & manufactured happiness!
  • Like someone else said, finding jeans that don't make muffins.

A lot of jeans lately have these new seams or something that are supposed to be slimming. Yeah, slimming to anything below my belly button! I look pregnant in every single pair of pants that I don't buy at a thrift store. AND they shrink! I bought a pair of Just My Size pants that were just on those shelves at Wal-Mart (you know, those pairs that are $18?) and tried them on. They fit well in the store, even a little baggy. As soon as I ran them through the wash, I couldn't even get the two sides to touch! It was like my jeans had been swapped for something 4 sizes smaller! I actually cried because it was a waste. Not only were they stupid looking and gave me an extreme muffin top, but they shrank in the first wash! I didn't even run them through the dryer! I hung them out to dry!

I also hate buying shirts. I can't buy anything in a "babydoll" style with the little sleeves because of my arm fat. If I buy ones with sleeves that don't meet the elbows, the fat eventually creates an armpit wedgie and I keep needing to pull the sleeve down.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Mine is finding the time and energy to work out everyday.
    I work and go to school full time, then I have to come home, clean then take the dog for a quick walk. It's really tough, but I can do it!
This discussion has been closed.