have you EVER heard people cheer for snow????

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I never did till tonight. I bought tix to the steelers bengals game and we are expecting a bit of a snow in the burgh and when it started our wacko fans started screaming here we go snow her we go snow he we go... I was surprised I stayed as warmn as I did and even offered up my jacket to my friend to put over her lap. I think I have enough muscle on me to stay toasty!!!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    I never did till tonight. I bought tix to the steelers bengals game and we are expecting a bit of a snow in the burgh and when it started our wacko fans started screaming here we go snow her we go snow he we go... I was surprised I stayed as warmn as I did and even offered up my jacket to my friend to put over her lap. I think I have enough muscle on me to stay toasty!!!!!!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I LOVE snow!!! It started snowing here last night and I was the first one outside, catching big fat flakes on my tongue!! I also woke up early just in case we had a snow day.

Sadly, we don't. and now I have to face the 2nd graders...
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    I love the snow. I'm from Pittsburgh too, but unfortunatly I slept through the game!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    We have a snow day here today even though its not snowing at my house yet. They cancelled it do to inclement weather. The only good thing was I got to sleep in until 7 LOL. Although I had about 4 phone calls between 5:45 and 6:30.

Connie
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Before I went to bed, I looked outside & my porch was covered with the s word....I did not cheer. :grumble: Hope you had fun at the game, though! Steelers won, right?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    We have a snow day here today even though its not snowing at my house yet. They cancelled it do to inclement weather. The only good thing was I got to sleep in until 7 LOL. Although I had about 4 phone calls between 5:45 and 6:30.

Connie

Connie are you sure you don't live near Richmond VA...they do that here too....cancel school on a weather forecast....drives me crazy...I'm originally from Ohio, and it had to be a blizzard outside before they cancelled school...but, alas...that was "back in the day"....sigh...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    We had snow last night here in the middle of North Carolina!!
    It's beeeeUtiful!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I woke up to the white crap on the ground here too. As you can tell from my wording, I am not a big fan of it. Being from Texas, snow just seems unatural to me! :grumble: The kids were cheering though, so at least that part put a smile on my face. Oh yeah...plus my daughter had school, so :bigsmile:
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Before I went to bed, I looked outside & my porch was covered with the s word....I did not cheer. :grumble: Hope you had fun at the game, though! Steelers won, right?
    They absolutely did. I was scared to stand up and cheer at the stadium cause its steep. But see I love the s word. I am just glad the blizzard held off cause we are getting it right now and its wet and cold...ewww that I hate. Its 30ish but has that chill you to the bone cold
  • FitJoani
    Options

Connie

Connie are you sure you don't live near Richmond VA...they do that here too....cancel school on a weather forecast....drives me crazy...I'm originally from Ohio, and it had to be a blizzard outside before they cancelled school...but, alas...that was "back in the day"....sigh...
    i remember when I got to school in MN and remeber asking if it gets to be like 8 degrees do they cancel school??? My roomies just laughed and I said Im serious!!!!! They said if we did that kids would never go to school hahahaha
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have cheers for snow. I usually do it when its windy
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    A lot of people where I live cheer for snow and pray for snow. We’ve been praying for more since January.