Monthly friend and cravings ( Question -4 the Ladies)

BombolinaM
BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Just wanted to ask I can feel my monthly time is with in the next week. I came home from the gym and just wanted to pig out. I did pretty good but had a few bites of pie.

What are some tips to stop the cravings of carbs, fatty foods, or chocolate around that time of the month? I don't want to get off track. My salt and sweet cravings kick in. I will obsess about what to eat and then eat that craving. Only to feel guilty and the craving I obsessed doesn't even taste like I thought it would. Please help..

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I struggle every month right before I start and the first few days afterward. I tend to crave something different each month - one month it'll be licorice and one month it is krispy treats and one month Reese's peanut butter cups -- you get the idea.

I haven't found anything that really turns those cravings completely off, unfortunately. I usually allow myself to have what I want - otherwise I'm an even bigger grump.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Ugh its that time right now and I tell you, I want to eat everything. Well, not everything. I don't want lettuce or tomatoes or fruit- I want pringles, ice cream, and pizza. UGHH!

My trick is to not have them in my house at all. If they are around, I will devour them. :)

Plus-my cramps are really, really bad. I pushed through my workout today and it helped relieve some of the pain, so working out may actually help. It controlled my cravings too-surprisingly.

It just sucks being a woman sometimes. :/
  • Anise76
    Anise76 Posts: 57 Member
    Struggling with this at the moment, and I had forgotten just how ravenous I generally get a few days beforehand!

Last month, I forced myself to stay on the straight and narrow, but was thoroughly miserable and teasy for my trouble. Yesterday, I allowed myself some chocolate, and I have to say, it stabilised my mood.

So I'd have to agree with chevy88grl - let yourself have what you want - at least then, you're only fighting on one front, not two!
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 201 Member
    Sooo know this feeling, why is it never healthy cravings...
    I have found one thing that helps, don't why, I bargain with myself by promising if I have a cup of green tea first then I'm allowed to give in to the craving. Again I'm not sure why it works but after the tea I really don't feel like the craving. Don't get me wrong it doesn't work all the time, but it does reduce the amount by heaps. It only works for me if it is green tea, I've tried other teas and they don't work.
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Now I've heard a few good things about Magnesium Oil. You're meant to apply it to your muscles after working out, and some of the girls that use it have said it has massively cut their cravings for bad things, and helped their girly weeks......I've only just bought it and since it was Easter this weekend, I can't say it kept me away from chocolate (but thats because it was sitting there!). I do think it massively works on muscles though, and am going to keep at it with the whole girly week thing.

The one I have is: http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=magnesium+oil&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=8389119422922982477&sa=X&ei=XM23TbTZDcLQhAfJx6WADw&ved=0CGQQ8wIwAQ#

Don't think there is any science that supports it, so just reporting what I've heard! xxx
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    I tend to indulge my cravings - a little.

I'll buy a few snack size choclate bars (my fave is Kit Kat - 107 cals for a small bar)

I am lucky because as soon as I get my monthly I lose my appetite so tend to find it easy to get back to my healthy eating.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    I have no willpower, I always end up caving in, otherwise I binge on a bunch of stuff that doesn't satisfy the craving.
  • JBJLOVER
    JBJLOVER Posts: 7
    I'm due on this friday, but was most bloated/hungry mon /tuesday......i like those weeto bars!!!!!!!
  • BombolinaM
    Ugh its that time right now and I tell you, I want to eat everything. Well, not everything. I don't want lettuce or tomatoes or fruit- I want pringles, ice cream, and pizza. UGHH!

My trick is to not have them in my house at all. If they are around, I will devour them. :)

Plus-my cramps are really, really bad. I pushed through my workout today and it helped relieve some of the pain, so working out may actually help. It controlled my cravings too-surprisingly.

It just sucks being a woman sometimes. :/

We have the same cravings..I wonder what it is that makes us crave the unhealthy fatty foods around that time. It's as if I am starving and haven't eaten for days..lol
  • BombolinaM
    Thank you Ladies for the tips...Let the fun begin..ugh!
This discussion has been closed.