New to Fitness Pal

Options
Topsking2010
Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
Hello my goal is to lose 5% bodyfat and get fit in 8 weeks. Is this possible? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this goal?

Topsking2010

Replies

• cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    in 3.5 weeks I have gone from 27.4% body fat to 22.3% body. All I have done is eat healthier and steadily increase my cardio and strength training. I'm still struggling with water consumption tho :-)
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What is your starting point, lifestyle, etc? Sure it's possible, but it may not be healthy, it may not be practical, and it may not be possible for YOU.

Or it may be.

More information needed.

Also, why?
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    That is very encouraging. How often do you do cardio and strength training?
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    I currently weigh 185 pounds and my goal is 175. I want to inspire others to reach their goal weight and to win this war with obesity. Also I want an athletic build in order to compete in local tennis tournaments.
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My training is quite basic due to my work commitments and no money to go to a gym :-(
    cardio (30 min) I aim for every other day followed by strength training (only 30 mins)
    Strength mainly consists of tricip workouts, abs, legs.
    Cardio is mainly ellipitcal trainer
    I also aim to walk a minimun of 15 miles per week (quick pace). This is usually done on the days I don't do cardio/strength.

I don't consider myself to be overweight but I am unhealthy. I would bear in mind that the scales that measure % fat etc do vary by up to 5%