Hello All.

Options
Heya, My name is Leah. i wouldn't say i was an active person, but i do work on my feet a lot. I'm a bartender and work long hours. I'm trying to lose weight and i eat at the most awkward times of the day, for example my dinner time is around 3am or on some days it can be a regular time (8pm) so i'm missing meals and eating to often sometimes just so i can get some food into my system. i was wondering if anyone had any advice as to help me with my irregular meal times.
Thanks very much
Regards
Leah

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I would try eating six small meals or big snacks a day.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Instead of looking at the clock, make your body its own clock. Eat every 3 hours while awake regardless of what time the clock says, making one of those meals your supper---again regardless of what time or which one.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    I agree with eating smaller meals through out the day.
  • cuteanddangerous
    cuteanddangerous Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much =) what is your best tip in regards to big Snacks? i wouldn't know where to start with that.
  • Voluptas
    Voluptas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there.
    I have struggled with this too, esp when I used to work night shift. I think it's all about planning.. and honestly spending some time (maybe more than you want) prepping for success. Pack a mini-cooler type lunch bag.. with small complex-carb/protein combos, enough so that you grab something every 2.5 to 3 hours. For example, prepacked serving sized peanut butter and some celery sticks.. string cheese and an apple, lowfat cottage cheese and pineapple, spinach/feta/egg white omelet (I know it sounds odd, but i make this and throw in a ziploc.. eat it cold and it's pretty good :), cold grilled chicken breast w/ edamame pre-steamed, powerbars,
    Stash it under the bar and if there is ever a slow time :) grab a bite, but be mindful of waiting too long to eat. Try to eat small frequent meals and you won't ever be hungry or miserably full or have ridiculous cravings.
    Good Luck!