Best work-out DVDs?

Options
I've been thinking about getting a work-out DVD of some kind, a lot of people have been using the 30 day shred and singing it's praises, any others I should be thinking of?

Replies

• tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    i'd love to know too!......anyone enjoy zumba dvds?.....are they any good!?
  • Kezzykezkezkez
    Options
    I've been seeing a lot about Zumba too, but I have NO idea what it is lol!
  • marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    30 day shred will kick your butt lol
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme helped me go from a size 14 to a size 6 in less than 90 days!! It's the best!
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello

Iam on to day 9 of the 30 day shred, and really enjoying it, it's not easy, but it's good already seeing some subtle changes on body shape. I also have Zumba for the Wii. I really enjoy Zumba, and also attend a 1 hour class on a Thursday. Both are really good. Zumba is so much fun and you don't realise you are exercising.

Zumba is dance based, i.e. latin, columbian etc, loads of shaking your botty :laugh:
  • liztm12
    liztm12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've tried lots of these, but my favorite is called Slim in 6 from Beach Body Workouts. It's not crazy hard like these other videos, but I really do notice changes after just a couple weeks and you don't need lots of toys to be able to do it!.
  • Fiedems
    Fiedems Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome in a class setting and there are so many of them around. Just go to Zumba.com to find a class near you.... I'm not sure I'd have as much fun as a DVD. But then again I've never tried it as a home workout.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My favorites in order are Turbo Fire, Slim in 6, anything by Jillian Michaels, and Chalean Extreme. The Jillian DVD's are great for the money if you are on a budget. If not I would go with Turbo Fire. I lost a TON of inches on it.
  • biwinner
    biwinner Posts: 18
    Options
    I haven't tried Jillian's 30day shred but like her banish fat, boost metabolism workout. :)
  • artvandalay
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme helped me go from a size 14 to a size 6 in less than 90 days!! It's the best!

Wow..that's impressive! Way to go!

30 Day Shred is good. It's a short, quick workout if you don't have much time each day. I just picked up JM No more Trouble Zones. It's a longer workout but really good.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If you like step aerobics, Cathe's Intensity DVD is my current favorite - its got step, HiiT, and a boot camp. You can do them all together or there are several pre-mixes to choose from (or you can just pick and choose on your own). I haven't done the boot camp yet but it looks tough (it seems like HiiT with weights from what I've peeked at), but I've done the others and it's a very good workout.

I forgot to mention that a great site to shop for videos is http://www.collagevideo.com/. You can preview all the videos and there are usually tons of reviews. I hate wasting my money so the previews and the reviews are really helpful.
  • Kezzykezkezkez
    Options
    wow guys, loads of really great ideas here! definitely gonna have to buy myself a few!