does anyone actually accomplish the "in 5 weeks you would we

Options
ok so i dont believe this thing. ive been on here for like a year and everyday when u complete your diary, it gives you a number you would weigh in 5 weeks. well, in a year, ive never even come close to that. im lucky if i loose a pd a month, and i havent lost anything in like 2 months besides a few ounces which was water.

does anyone actually get to or close to the weight they predict for u in 5 weeks?

Replies

• cassiejoyy
    Options
    I've come pretty close to it!
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I actually wrote what mine would be in 5 weeks down so im interested to see how accurate this figure is.

.....judging by what ive eaten this weekend i wont be anywhere near it!!
  • kp1028
    kp1028 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been on for 5 weeks and am finding the same, bouncing back and forth but not anywhere near, I'm guessing I'm not giving enough calories for drinks...
  • kumarprabhat
    Options
    I have started serious workout and on MFP abt a month back. Rather than going by its prediction, I just see if I am feeling better, etc.

Though I am nowhere close to my wt goal, I am seeing gradual improvements. So, feeling positive and excited abt it. :)

ATB
  • tdolphin1
    tdolphin1 Posts: 26
    Options
    nope not even close...plus it changes day to day depending on what you eat & your calorie intake so I don' t get it at all...unless you ate the same exact thing for 5 weeks every day then maybe?
  • krissybug72
    krissybug72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I come pretty close to it...I write the number on my calendar to see if it is accurate....
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Nothing like. I have lost 11 lbs in the 4 months I have been here. That's ok, as I look and feel pretty good these days. According to my last 3 days I should be weighing 133lbs in 5 weeks, and I don't think there's a chance I'll be that!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'm usually right around it. Sometimes a little over, sometimes a bit under, but generally in the area.

Are you usually very far under your calorie goal for the day?

Edit to add: I actually keep track of it on a spreadsheet so i can compare. :smile: cuz I'm just that OCD
  • nctj
    nctj Posts: 36
    Options
    I saw that number last night and was like "WHAT??" so lets hope!!!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Mine has been pretty close!!!! But I really use it as a toy.....I don't take it too seriously...I have lost more then it said....but as everyone else says it changes day to day depending what you eat so I would not take it too seriously!!!

Keep going....stick with the plan forget about that button!!!
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    I ha ve come pretty close to it....Just keep pushing and measure yourself as well because you could be losing inches right now
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    I don't look at that figure as it jumps about depending on that day's deficit - but my goals are set at 1.5lbs a week and I have been losing on average 7 lbs a month this year so close enough for me.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My 'prediction' hasn't made a jot of difference, in fact its so untrue it could be demoralising!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just use it as a motivator. Just seeing that lower number makes me feel good, so I don't really care if I hit it in 5 weeks. :P
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't even own a scale, although I'm curious to see if weight is coming off. I've been measuring and that is keeping me motivated. Inches coming off in a couple weeks pushes me! I wouldn't stress about the scale, it's just an added bonus, but really eating right and exercising means your body and heart are that much healthier! :) Keep on pushing on!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have not...but I do appreciate the fact that I am within range of that weight and although I may not get there in 5 weeks I think it to be possible for me to get there in 8-10 wks...so I keep on trekkin!!!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know on 5/4/11. According to MFP I'll be down 7 more lbs by then! Not!
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ya i dont takeit seriously at all, especially since in 5 weeks ill weigh the same. like i said i usually loose a one pd every 2 months.if im lucky. and if i days that i dont eat all my excercise cals back, it says i would be like 123, and on days where i do eat them all, itd be like 129. thats like telling people, hey, dont eat them all back cause youll loose even more weight faster.
  • lei_55
    lei_55 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm lucky I can play around with my weight. I can gain and lose as I wish and hit target my weight in a period shorter than 5 weeks. I just bought a scale recently because I can't believe the scale at the gym, I thought it wasn't accurate but found out that I was hitting my target in less than 3 weeks.. It's about knowing your own body combined with a little bit of science and nutrition and some hard work and dedication. Consistency is the key.. and do a lot of research.. and ask somebody who can help if needed.. Good luck to everyone in hitting your goals..
  • tvaye10
    tvaye10 Posts: 19
    Options
    I actually wrote what mine would be in 5 weeks down so im interested to see how accurate this figure is.

.....judging by what ive eaten this weekend i wont be anywhere near it!!

Same here! :ohwell: