I'm slipping....

Options
I'm a middle school teacher. During the work-week I'm proud to say that I do a great job sticking to my new lifestyle: I eat healthy foods (and never even feel deprived or restricted - quite a happy revelation I must say), I journal all of my eating (which I think is crucial to making this whole thing work) and I stay physically active chasing my own two-year-old twin sons around once I get home in the afternoons.

Weekends are becoming increasingly more difficult. When at home I'm not in front of the computer all the time and therefore tend to forget to complete my journal. By the time I remember to do so (usually after dinner) I say "forget it" and consider that day my "cheat/reward day"... the problem is that lately I'm finding it too easy to give that same excuse for both Saturday AND Sunday!

Anyone have any tricks to keep you faithful to the site? To this point I've been a casual observer of all of the wonderful posts people place on here... during the week I'll read a few every day during my lunch break - so many of you are so inspirational!

Here's to hoping I kick my own *kitten* in gear for this weekend!

Replies

• debschk
    debschk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a middle school teacher. During the work-week I'm proud to say that I do a great job sticking to my new lifestyle: I eat healthy foods (and never even feel deprived or restricted - quite a happy revelation I must say), I journal all of my eating (which I think is crucial to making this whole thing work) and I stay physically active chasing my own two-year-old twin sons around once I get home in the afternoons.

Weekends are becoming increasingly more difficult. When at home I'm not in front of the computer all the time and therefore tend to forget to complete my journal. By the time I remember to do so (usually after dinner) I say "forget it" and consider that day my "cheat/reward day"... the problem is that lately I'm finding it too easy to give that same excuse for both Saturday AND Sunday!

Anyone have any tricks to keep you faithful to the site? To this point I've been a casual observer of all of the wonderful posts people place on here... during the week I'll read a few every day during my lunch break - so many of you are so inspirational!

Here's to hoping I kick my own *kitten* in gear for this weekend!
  • rseman
    rseman Posts: 50
    Options
    I hear what you mean. But just because you forget doesn't mean you can't catch up. I don't have computer access at home. Only at work and actually I think it is a bonus. Since I can't update on the spot, I am made to think more about what I am putting in my mouth and when. Then I keep a journal and enter the info when I get back to work.

So I view the weekends as a test without the assistance of the monitoring. Can I do it on my own? And then when I see if I passed or failed on Monday during the weekend I can analyze my behavior and resolve to change or do something different for the upcoming weekend.

It is a positive not a negative :wink: I hope that outlook helps at least a little.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hey there Deb, You are not the first and will not be the last to have the weekend slips.
    I am a weekend bum. Meaning that I normally do good Mon - Fri but on Sat and Sun, I do not log more often then not.
    But on the weekends I try to do as much as I can movement wise so that it is not a stunner on Monday if I weigh in and OPPS I GAINED!
    I try to make the things that I do on the weekends fun for me. Hey even shopping at the mall burns calories because you are walking.
    I also started carrying a note book with me to track what I ate, and then when I DID get back on line, I could go back and log it in.
    --Diann...
  • k9powerlifter
    Options
    Deb, I'm going to flip the coin on you. Please don't get offended by this; it's not meant to offend.

If you were serious about losing weight you wouldn't forget to log in and input your data on the weekends. For some reason your making an excuse not to log in. Don't use the cheat meal/day thing as an excuse. Get serious about what you are doing and reach some of those goals you set. Sometimes to get ones *kitten* in gear; one needs a kick in the *kitten*.

When you wake up Saturday morning. Turn on your computer and log into this website and keep it logged in all day. Also keeping a journal is another great idea (from diannholland1965).

If you want to suceed then keep up what your doing Monday-Friday. There is no other way.

Once again sorry if you took offense.
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I tend to agree...I find this site so helpful I am almost addicted. The first thing I do every day is log on, even before I check email....this site stays with me all day, even at the weekend. I also enjoy reading the boards as it helps motivate me. Treat it like meeting up with some friends for a coffee or something for a chat, add some someone as a friend who will mail you here as well...that helps me too

It is just a (good) habit to get into!

Jane
  • Lisarrrtist
    Options
    I dabbled with this site before Christmas, but it wasn't until January 1st when I vowed to log everything (even on the "bad" days or "cheat" days) that it has really began to work.

One of my goals is to just be faithful and log daily, regardless of if I lose weight. I know if I make small changes they will turn into habits eventually. Seeing the totals on all days also helps me get a truer picture of areas where changes are needed.

Keep on trying!
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    i log for the weekend the day before.. i get everything in the computer for all my meals then on sat morning i know what my day is going to look like. keeps me on track and when im hungry im not searching the house for something to munch on. i always cook extra during the week so i have left over meals for the weekend. i package the food as a meal in individual containers that way all i have to do is heat it up. my husband doesnt stick to things on the weekend so he fends for himself, but i need to stay on track so i do what i need to.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I agree with ya....weekends are very hard for me. I am so bored and I don't know what to do but it also helps that my kitchen is really well stocked, so if I want something to eat its few and probably healthy.

I find I do better when I plan my meal out for the entire day in the morning...keeps me on track and if I know I want to eat more that day, I fit exercise into my routine.