Maybe this is what I need... :)

Options
I have been losing the same 30 pounds FOREVER!
I understand that I consistently AM what I consistently DO.
I consistently agonize over calories, exercise and do very very well for a period.. then I fall off the wagon and un-do all the good I did. I have no deficit at all when it comes to knowing what to do and how to do it. I am very in shape physically, as far as what I am able to do. I know ALL the healthy nutrition stuff I need to know to accomplish my goals. So, WHY do I not do it? It basically comes down to the fact that I obviously don't want to, for some reason.. at least not completely, or I wouldn't sabotage myself. ? Or I just want the cocktail or dessert MORE, at least at the moment I want it.

I have been using MFP on my phone for months. I LOVE it. It is by far the most user-friendly, easy thing I've come across and I've tried at least 10 or more before finding this one. Today is the first day I ever logged on with an actual computer, so I thought I'd try to be more involved and hopefully the message boards can be one more weapon in the battle of the bulge! ;)

Replies

• deanne525
    deanne525 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    welcome!! i agree...MFP is the best site around.

I am totally with you. I struggle with the same weight over and over again. Ive been doing this for about a year now. Ive lost 30lbs and have been stuck in a major plateau. Hoping to bust through it soon!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You will love the community even more. Everybody is really supportive and inspirational. I'm gonna send you a friend request
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Dont be so hard on yourself, you have lost 24lb! Well done. This is a great site but remember everyone is different and there are conflicting views on here. Dont let it get you down, you are doing great so far.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I feel as if you where talking about me. I have the exact same problem. Maddending isn't it.
    But yes...MFP is a great place and everyone is so nice here.
    Good luck!
  • zoegoodlife
    Options
    I have been ;losing the same 5 lbs for many years! I believe it starts in our heard then comes out of our mouth! With the help of God on the inside, who is stronger than just me alone...I CAN OVERCOME! So can you Angie! :)
  • widgitwoo
    widgitwoo Posts: 19
    Options
    I have exactly the same thing, I hate the way I look and desparately want to get back to the weight I used to be but I end up eating all the things that I shouldn't eat...I know I shouldnt but I still do...I am hoping that by always logging my food it will stop me eating the things I shouldn't becuase I will feel guilty about putting them on here.
  • inittowinit77
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from and it is a frustrating process. I have about 15 to 20 pounds to go and every time I hit the number I am at right now, I stay there for a long time or I go up. I have recently been trying to evaluate why this happens. Like you I am physically fit, I work out 4 to 6 times per week doing weight training, running, zumba, boot camp classes (my favorite), and home videos. I know that the recenlty I have been surrounding myself with some people I have met through classes and they seem to have it all in check. I find that being around others who are focused on being heatlhy and maintaining healthy behaviors makes it a bit easier. I am determined to get past that number this time! Not to mention that I am really caring less about what the number on the scale says and focusing on my muscle tone, the way my clothes fit and evaluating how I truly feel when I eat something. I have noticed that when I eat a lot of carbs or sugary things, I feel less motivated, more sluggish and feel like I bloat. Maybe this is in my head but I believe that feeling is real. I still eat pasta and carb filled junk but I am learning to do that more in moderation to avoid the sluggish feeling. When my clothes seem a bit tight, I use that as a reminder that I must be slipping in something that I am doing. I try to drink lots of water but still have my one soda a day (I had a serious soda addiction before starting this journey). So overall, there is no one magic pill or recipe that works for everyone. It is about keeping the motivation alive and making sure that most of the time we are making good choices on foods and exercise. It's about finding the triggers that lead to us falling off the wagon and trying to figure out a healthier way to quickly jump back on the wagon. Best of luck to you, sounds like you have the right attitude to help you move along in the ongoing process.
  • JessRachael85
    Options
    I completely agree, I put on and lose the same 5 pounds again and again whilst never really loosing anthing towards the same stone and a half I've been carrying for years. I'll send you a friend request and maybe we can help keep eachother on track, as a kick up the bum is exactly what I need!

Jess :)
  • goosegirlnine
    Options
    right there with you! exaclty the reason i joined too, and so far so good. the extra support really helps, especially when other people try to guilt trip you into eating pizza after the gym! welcome :)
  • Voluptas
    Voluptas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support and encouragement everyone! :)

It is good (and sad :) to know so many people understand. I also just realized today I could un-private my food entries, which I did. I think this is a wonderful way to stay accountable (I certainly didn't realize you guys could all know about Dorito-fest 2011 last weekend when I did it and then logged it! but knowing it now, I think, will help in weak moments).

I definitely agree with the idea that surrounding yourself with people who have the right mind-set is critical, and luckily I have a few around and now some more on here. I think for me, too, a big thing is doing well, messing up, then brutalizing myself about it. I have been pretty good for several days.. and sometime in the next several is usually when I get into trouble... so hopefully not, but if there IS a slip-up, then get right back on with the next meal, next workout, etc.. not I'll be good on Monday, you know? :)

Again, THANKS!!! and Keep up the good work everyone. :)